I was totally blown away by all the amazing work on here, so I decided to try and make a bucket for a friend of mine.
I've been following the rafalworks plans, and referring a lot to antmans second build as well, so hopefully this will come out ok! although I already think it's a tiny bit smaller than it should be, but I'm going to carry on and see how it turns out.
did quite a bit of work already and only just thought to start posting the progress.
first off I glued the outside of the bucket around the template, and cut it back to get the ledge, this confused me for aaages before i realised what needed doing!
then I added the dome supports.
and started adding the dome sections
cut the cheeks and followed antmans advice to wet them with a water spray first before bending them to shape, once they dried i glued them and masking taped it all in place while it set before trimming the rest of the cheek parts to fit.
and then I cut pretty much everything else out so I could start on the ear pieces and viewfinder
I decided at this stage that I wasn't feeling the view finder or the ear pieces, i think the card I used was too thin and they just seemed a bit thin and wobbly, so after reading antmans thread I decided to try using his approach instead.
Cut a tonne of layers to build the viewfinder
and some for the ear pieces