Subscribe
  1. Kwally89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    685
    Jun 3, 2008, 12:49 AM - Painter Needed! #1

    I know there are MANY very talented painters out there with access to the exact paints needed for an AWESOME boba helmet. Just wondering what some of you artists would ask for a fully weathered paintjob on a blank mystery helmet. I will supply decals and such. Just pm

    Thanks,

    Kody
  2. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 3, 2008, 1:08 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #2

    depends on which version you wanted
  3. Lucksy31's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,225
    Jun 3, 2008, 8:56 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #3

    Depending on your artist, I've seen between $200 and $350 for a completed job.
  4. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 3, 2008, 10:21 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #4

    I've also heard of much more
    Depends on technique, quality, & accuracy
  5. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Jun 3, 2008, 11:09 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #5

    Quote Lucksy31 said: View Post
    Depending on your artist, I've seen between $200 and $350 for a completed job.
    or waaaay more than that for a really top notch job. i've heard people pay twice that.
  6. Wes is offline Wes
    Jun 3, 2008, 2:26 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #6

    Also depends on the ego
  7. Kwally89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    685
    Jun 3, 2008, 2:45 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #7

    I painted my scratchbuilt bucket using spray paints and sponges, but I'm looking to get a mystery helmet painted nicely with layered weathering. I just don't have the access to specialty paints listed in the painting threads or the types that SuperJedi used in this painting thread.
  8. Kwally89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    685
    Jun 3, 2008, 2:49 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #8

    btw, is SgtFang still selling helmets?? Every thread I see is at least 2 years old. In SuperJedi's painting thread, SgtFang says his newer bucket will be 90 or 95 shipped, but like I said, its from '06 or '07.
  9. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Jun 3, 2008, 2:53 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #9

    Quote Kwally89 said: View Post
    btw, is SgtFang still selling helmets?? Every thread I see is at least 2 years old. In SuperJedi's painting thread, SgtFang says his newer bucket will be 90 or 95 shipped, but like I said, its from '06 or '07.
    yeah he is still doing them. cargo hold threads expire after a while, so you won't see them in a search.
  10. Jun 3, 2008, 2:54 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #10

    Quote Delta75 said: View Post
    Also depends on the ego
    An essential ingredient! The Ego has to be fed, watered and groomed to complete a decent paint job and these final 'stable fees' have to be factored in to the overall cost...
  11. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Jun 3, 2008, 2:59 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #11

    Quote Kwally89 said: View Post
    I painted my scratchbuilt bucket using spray paints and sponges, but I'm looking to get a mystery helmet painted nicely with layered weathering. I just don't have the access to specialty paints listed in the painting threads or the types that SuperJedi used in this painting thread.
    Not sure why you don't have access to them... most folks mail order them, so it doesn't really much matter where you live

    The painting thing is so complex. I'm not a master by any means, but I'd charge a small fortune to do it, because I value my time VERY highly, and it would take a lot to convince me to spend so much of it on something for someone that isn't me
  12. Kwally89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    685
    Jun 3, 2008, 6:55 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #12

    Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    Not sure why you don't have access to them... most folks mail order them, so it doesn't really much matter where you live

    The painting thing is so complex. I'm not a master by any means, but I'd charge a small fortune to do it, because I value my time VERY highly, and it would take a lot to convince me to spend so much of it on something for someone that isn't me
    That's very true...I think I'll tackle the painting myself. SuperJedi's 2nd bucket paint is just about as good as you get, and it is a great tutorial. Hopefully I can find the correct paints. I got plenty of time this summer to paint while my molds cure.
  13. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Jun 3, 2008, 8:13 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #13

    Do it your self just dont rush into it and do a little reserch on it first or go on ebay an buy a master replica u will probably spend the same amout if not less than bying a new lid an paying some one to paint it .. just a thort..
  14. jawafive's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    538
    Jun 3, 2008, 8:30 PM - Re: Painter Needed! #14

    I sent you a PM.
  15. superjedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,383
    Jun 4, 2008, 7:40 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #15

    That Superjedi guy is a hack. Nothing but a rank amateur.

    As has been mentioned, it depends on the complexity of the paint job. Painting the ESB helmet is a pretty paintstaking process.
  16. mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,604
    Jun 4, 2008, 9:49 AM - Re: Painter Needed! #16

    You can order the bottle paints directly from testors website. Or if you are not aribrush inclined, check out AFFO$ spray paint list, its a sticky at the top of this section. The colors are very good.

Similar Threads

  1. First time jet pack painter
    By Bobby Fett UK in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 9, 2009, 2:04 PM
  2. helmet painter needed
    By thundrkiss in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 5:24 AM