Paint to use with DP97?

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Paint to use with DP97?

I was wondering what kind of paint I should use with a DP97? Enamels , Acrylic or dose it matter? I know, well at least mine is kind of soft rubber stuff so thats why I was asking. I just need something to use until I can spend some money and get a fiberglass one. Another thing my helmet also has a crack on the back any idea how to glue it back together? what kind of glue stuff I should use?

OK I had a baking with Boba Fett today trying to fix my messed up DP97. Any ways I never really thought about it but all I had to do was toss it in the oven at 200F for like a min, came out ("almost") the way it was before the movers got a hold of it.

sarlac_snack

Re: Paint to use with DP97?

I have had NO LUCK painting or priming the stupid DP 97 I have. In fact, it's such a depressing matter, I am half tempted to toss this bucket (along with everything else fett related) into the river and watch them sink to the bottom.

The helmet has been completely sanded down and primed, not one, not twice, but three times. It still wont do what I want it to do.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Well the Helmet I have was goign to be my X-helemt. Just to try things and see if it workd and if not then o'well. Looks like I dont need to bother now.

From
    Earth

Ok sarlac, here is the problem. Your metal finish paint is probubly a chrome style is that correct? if so toss it out! it has to much enamel finisher in it and when you paint over another surface like latex, it like wrinkle up no matter how much primer you use.

You only need a grayish aluminum color paint -not chrome- also be sure to use auto primer with laquer not enamel, it will not dry on latex. Laquer paint can be found at autozone or advance auto almost all car touch up paint is laquer.

Sand it down really smooth, and slap about 3 coats of laquer based auto primer on it, and go from there.

sarlac_snack

cal196 wrote:

Ok sarlac, here is the problem. Your metal finish paint is probubly a chrome style is that correct? if so toss it out! it has to much enamel finisher in it and when you paint over another surface like latex, it like wrinkle up no matter how much primer you use.
    That would explain it. I will go find some this weekend and see how it works. Thanks so much!!!

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

This is why I love this place, something so smiple can make such a diffrence.