Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 26, 2010, 8:06 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #201

I have read every post and wow! I believe young Boba took his fathers helmet but its not the one seen later in life. Your talking 20 years later. Jester died when Jango was about 16 or so. Because of the differences in the costume from ESB to ROTJ and not to mention ANH, Boba probably has many pieces of armor stashed away in slave 1. I believe that the helmet we see on Boba is not his fathers. I dont believe that the props guys are that stupid as to intend a creased dent on Jango is to be the same as a chunk taken out of the front of Boba's helmet. I would like to read the story where Vader and Fett fight over the severed head but I dont know which book its in. Maybe the new live series will answer this question. So I still do not know where the dent (gouge) came from but its not Jangos helmet.
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 26, 2010, 11:33 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #202

Its in the Omnibus book with a bunch of other comics
    May 26, 2010, 6:23 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #203

Thanks, i will have to look that up. Also I just got done reading the Star Wars Encyclopedia and Steve Sandsweet made it clear that Boba dragged Jangos body to Mandolore where he buried him. Not Geonosias. I believe that what ever Sandsweet says is cannon. So lets ask him about the dent.
    May 27, 2010, 4:48 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #204

Quote Alcfalath said: View Post
    I think C3PO has a Boba Fettish
    Sorry....but THAT is foooooking funny
    Jun 3, 2010, 8:48 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #205

AH..... onto a third page. Anyway, why would bob have a dent on every single one of his helmets that "he has hidden away on slave 1" in the exact same spot?
    Jun 5, 2010, 6:41 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #206

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    I watched both sequences shot-by-shot on my computer, and the dent wasn't there on the top of Jangos helmet when he was holding it on the balcony on Utapau over-looking the arena. But when he stands up after the horned beast attempts to run him over, there it is.

The sequence on Kamino when Jango bumps his head entering Slave1, was done in tribute to episode four when the stormtrooper bangs his head on the bottom of the door entering the control room. They could've easily edited out the trooper hitting his head, but instead left it and merely added the radio static sound to mask the "clunk" of his helmet hitting the door. 8)
    Utapau? Wasn't it on Geonosis?
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Jun 6, 2010, 7:33 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #207

The dent is definitely there when Jango shoots the Jedi on the balcony.
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Jun 7, 2010, 3:20 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #208

The dent is a metaphor. We are all the dent.

Rick
    Jun 7, 2010, 12:44 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #209

I saw the second episode of CW season two (The ones with Boba), and he blew up Jango's helmet using it to disguise a bomb. I don't know if they thought of that when desiding to give Jango his dent, but it's worth noticing.
    Jun 7, 2010, 1:14 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #210

Just like the other parts of other characters armor that has changed in the film's and media, its all retconned to the point that the character is dynamic and upgrades or changes their appearance slightly for aesthetics. In this case we see Boba as having a helmet with a dent in the same exact place, even with peices of armor that has been form other characters, in other configurations.

My first theory is that he places the dent there himself as a homage to something.
    My second theory is that he is extremely clumsy while exiting His ship and always bangs his brand new helmet on the door latch in the cargo hold.
    Jun 12, 2010, 2:48 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #211

I can understand a little on that. But you see 2 different jetpacks which is possible that he had more than one. 2 different jumpsuits which is highly likely that he would have more than one outfit. I would. The helmet I believe he only has the one and due to the extreme wear on it, he had to paint it again but used what he had. We all know that story. The flak jacket is another one. we see two different colors so it is safe to say he has other jackets as well and can transfer the armor over. We also have seen 3 different color gaunts and gloves. I also received an answer from Steve Sandsweet on the dent and he said he got the dent from the fight with Vader over the soothsayer head. Its in the schoolastics books Boba Fett pursuit. I ordered the book so I can read it for myself.
    Jun 12, 2010, 2:50 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #212

Quote Lisa said: View Post
    I saw the second episode of CW season two (The ones with Boba), and he blew up Jango's helmet using it to disguise a bomb. I don't know if they thought of that when desiding to give Jango his dent, but it's worth noticing.
    The clone wars show you see on TV is not cannon and therefore does not count. Its just entertainment for the kids.
    Jun 12, 2010, 6:09 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #213

As much as I'd like that to be the case that statement is totally untrue.
    It is an official LFL production on film, therefor absolutely canon. Undeniably so, in fact and that's
    what makes the Mando-rape so infuriating.
    Jun 12, 2010, 9:19 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #214

the dent is tacky
    Jun 12, 2010, 9:20 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #215

jk guys
    Jun 12, 2010, 11:59 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #216

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    As much as I'd like that to be the case that statement is totally untrue.
    It is an official LFL production on film, therefor absolutely canon. Undeniably so, in fact and that's
    what makes the Mando-rape so infuriating.
    I disagree. The clone wars is not cannon. There is too much story out there to come along now and f it up. I heard this from a reliable source but can't recall who had told me. Anakin was only a jedi knight for the last 6 months of the war. just because lucas puts his 2 cents in doesn't make it cannon. I will confirm this with sandsweet later as it takes him a month or so to get back to me.
    Jun 13, 2010, 3:26 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #217

You can disagree and decide to ignore whatever you wish but I think Sansweet's answer is going to dissappoint you.

You need to remember your source because it doesn't come any higher than from George himself. His two cents are worth a nickle when it comes to SW and if he says it's real, it's real.
    GL/LFL have held steady for years that any novel, comic, or even game can be discredited at any time from continuity and are not official film-canon anyway.

GL-Canon is EPS I-II, CW-CGI, EP III, SW:TFU, EPS IV-VI
    I'm not sure about the 1st CW cartoon but or the "Ewok" movies but more than likely they are. The Holiday Special is most definately out, though.
    Jun 13, 2010, 7:22 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #218

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    You can disagree and decide to ignore whatever you wish but I think Sansweet's answer is going to dissappoint you.

You need to remember your source because it doesn't come any higher than from George himself. His two cents are worth a nickle when it comes to SW and if he says it's real, it's real.
    GL/LFL have held steady for years that any novel, comic, or even game can be discredited at any time from continuity and are not official film-canon anyway.

GL-Canon is EPS I-II, CW-CGI, EP III, SW:TFU, EPS IV-VI
    I'm not sure about the 1st CW cartoon but or the "Ewok" movies but more than likely they are. The Holiday Special is most definately out, though.
    You make a very good point. And what you say makes a lot of sense. I will have to do my homework on this one. If it turns out that CW is cannon, I will be so pissed. I will express my complete dissatisfaction to Lucas himself like it would do any good. It would be that all the books and novels I have bought over the years was nothing but a waste of money. Money I want back. The Ewok movie and the cartoon network CW 1 and 2 are or were cannon because it ran into ep 3. stuff like this pisses me off that they cant keep their story straight. I like watching the CW but never took the story line as cannon. just the characters. I will get back to you on this when i am a little more educated.
    Jun 13, 2010, 10:10 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #219

Ok, that'd be great. Here are a good place to start with:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; Jun 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Jun 13, 2010, 2:49 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #220

Also, remember that even though the season is a good chunk of a year long, the events in them are happening much more compactly. Events in one episode overlap events in another, multi-episode arcs are taking place over a day or three, and so forth. When all is said and done wiht this series, total run time will probably cover a year or so of the fighting. Also, how it ends will probably determine whether the first CW series is considered canon (if they overwrite the ending arc of that one).

--Jonah
    Jun 13, 2010, 5:39 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #221

Quote jwinnington said: View Post
    just because lucas puts his 2 cents in doesn't make it cannon
    I'm sorry, that comment made me snort soda through my nose....
    Jun 13, 2010, 5:56 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #222

I'm sure you meant blow soda out of your nose because "snorting it through the nose" indicates an intentional act of inhaling it. LOL!

But yeah, that "2 cents" comment was kind of a funny but he's going to read up.
    Jun 13, 2010, 7:07 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #223

The comment did come out a little wrong but doesn't Lucas have a say in what is released in comics and in the novels? If so, then with the clone wars, he is contradicting himself. So in my opinion only, and sense i am under the assumption that the CW are not cannon, that because he puts his 2 cents into its production, It doesn't mean that he meant to overwrite his past approvals. Does this make sense? I was to understand that the CW was a sort of filler to keep Star Wars in the minds of the fans. I am not set in stone here and if there is something to learn in all this. Great. So DESLOC you can get over yourself. I dont mind asking stupid question or telling what i seem to believe. If anything I say is wrong..........Educate me. It happens often.
    Jun 13, 2010, 7:20 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #224

I don't think Desloc meant anything by it, just that he found it amusing.

The CLONE WARS was always meant to serve as an official canon bridge between EPSII and III.

As for books and comics, LFL does have to approve certain things that happens in them but as long as the authors don't try to change what has happened in the films they are pretty forgiving. Take for instance Yoda's, origin, species, and Obi-Wans background: they are generally considered "Off-Limits" to EU explanation as per GL himself.
    Authors TRY to keep things flowing smoothly but somethimes even they cancel out each other. GL has the right to "correct" anything he wants but usually it doesn't change things on too grand of a scale. As an aside, the CW/Mando thing is probably the single biggest ripple his retconning of the EU has produced yet.

And by "ripple" I'm decribing the waves made by fishing with dynamite.
    Jun 13, 2010, 7:30 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #225

Splinter of the minds eye is an example of GL approval and then ep 5 came out and he threw that book out. thank god
    Last edited by jwinnington; Jun 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM.