Subscribe
    Feb 12, 2008, 8:33 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #126

Quote Son of the Baptist said: View Post
    so wait the books cant be true ("EU" or what ever you call it) but some TV shows will be better.....do you not know what copyright laws are the books could not have ANY from of star wars stuff in it unless the maker reads and approves of the story line...so weather G. Lucas wrote the books or not...him and his people agreed to let that be the story line....lets say i was to write a book talking about what Han Solo did in the time period in Between ANH and ESB i would have to make it fit around things mentioned in the movies (EX:Han and the bounty hunter on Ormandel) or G Lucas would not give me rights to publish the books because come time for new movies (if there ever will be) there can be law suit issues.
    That's completely not true... George Lucas has stated on many occasions that he allows people to write whatever fiction they want within the Star Wars Universe, but he said he reserves the right to overrule it.

He has his hand in producing the TV show... so it's his (just like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles are his and Spielberg's, but neither one wrote or directed those).

It's all opinion... and I stand my my "Film Intention" theory. You don't have to believe me, but it fits the mould of the other movie details.
  2. Feb 12, 2008, 9:46 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #127

for that dent to be true the placing is all off.... maybe its a father like son theory boba got a dent like his father did.......the dent is in the wrong area about an inch and a half off...the maker of it would have noticed that right off....also why is there no Blue in Boba's helmet.....its obvious he painted the helmet and armor a few times b4 he had gotten to the green red theme the scratches are deep enough that you should see some form of blue in it ....also why didn't he paint the dent i would think a man like boba would want to hide the fact his dad got a huge dent in hand combat with a Jedi
    now comes the part well maybe he used paint remover.....well why for only the blue but no other color....i dint think that is his fathers helmet even if you go threw the books or not...he would hide it some where or would have buried his dad in it....kinda gross ripping your dads severed head out then putting it on
    Last edited by Son of the Baptist; Feb 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM.
  3. Feb 12, 2008, 9:53 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #128

on another note boba fett could be made to look like a wimp in that case of "going by movies"....boba's real legacy belongs to the books............first movie he some lil brat who sat there and watched his dad fight and then get killed......ANH he walks around doing nothing but sit with a low life crew of jabba ESB vader is the real one to have captured Han he only walks in and points a gun after Han lost his blaster....then in ROTJ he gets killed by a blind Han solo by a long stick.....with out the books he is nothing
    Last edited by Son of the Baptist; Feb 12, 2008 at 9:54 PM. Reason: type -o
    Feb 14, 2008, 10:08 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #129

Fett was wimpy..he stood around and didn't do much...

cough cough..."uprising fan film.2008"..cough cough..... (things they are a changing)

I still think he has his own armor and isn't wearing Dad's. I do believe he kept Jango's though.
    Feb 15, 2008, 9:54 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #130

But what happened to Jango's range finder?

Probably a silly noob question, but I gotta know!
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Apr 14, 2008, 9:26 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #131

Quote superjedi said: View Post
    I'd have to say that if I were using a helmet that could be dented by walking into a hatchway. . .
    I'd go out to Mando-Mart and get me a new helmet!
    lmao i was thinking the same thing here
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Apr 14, 2008, 9:30 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #132

and speaking of his helmets...did anyone else ever notice that on at least one occasion in ROTJ...his rangefinder is on the other side of his helmet, with no explanation whatsoever as to why?
    Apr 14, 2008, 10:41 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #133

Quote AntMan said: View Post
    But what happened to Jango's range finder?
    I believe it was broken off when he crashed into the side of the landing platform before his jet-pack exploded.
    Mike
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 14, 2008, 10:44 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #134

CG. Just wasn't rendered there probably.
    Apr 15, 2008, 2:19 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #135

People around these parts sure are snippy. Gee whiz.
    Apr 15, 2008, 2:20 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #136

Quote Akaron Tarik said: View Post
    and speaking of his helmets...did anyone else ever notice that on at least one occasion in ROTJ...his rangefinder is on the other side of his helmet, with no explanation whatsoever as to why?
    Aye, this is simply a screen flip. Often times throughout the SW movies a particular shot would be horizontally flipped so as to fit in better with the other surrounding shots, or to add variety among similar shots.
    Apr 15, 2008, 7:45 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #137

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    CG. Just wasn't rendered there probably.
    Image posted was not a CG shot.
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2008, 7:58 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #138

They probably took it off so it wouldn't break then. Jango was rolling around quite a bit.
    Apr 15, 2008, 7:48 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #139

OK, so, in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy, wherein Fett escapes the Sarlaac and Dengar heals him up in a cave on Tattooine, don't they expressly state that he had a spare set of armor hidden in another cave somewhere on Tattooine, because his armor had been partly digested by Mr. Sandworm himself? Also, what about Twin Engines of Destruction, when Fett changes back out of his costume and into his armor, with Dengar partly watching him? I don't have the materials on hand, they're at my parent's house 2 hours away, so I don't mean to mudsling, but... yeah... Seems he has multiple sets of armor.
    Apr 15, 2008, 8:11 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #140

Quote xero said: View Post
    OK, so, in the Mandalorian Armor trilogy, wherein Fett escapes the Sarlaac and Dengar heals him up in a cave on Tattooine, don't they expressly state that he had a spare set of armor hidden in another cave somewhere on Tattooine, because his armor had been partly digested by Mr. Sandworm himself? Also, what about Twin Engines of Destruction, when Fett changes back out of his costume and into his armor, with Dengar partly watching him? I don't have the materials on hand, they're at my parent's house 2 hours away, so I don't mean to mudsling, but... yeah... Seems he has multiple sets of armor.

That would explain the differences between ESB and ROTJ.
    Apr 15, 2008, 8:17 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #141

He had 3+ suits at a time if I'm correct. Some of this is discussed in the Han Solo trilogy.
    Apr 15, 2008, 9:14 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #142

Who was making that Jango bucket with the dent?
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2008, 9:21 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #143

Two sets of armour with the exact same dents in the exact same places? It's just a movie.
    Apr 16, 2008, 5:25 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #144

Quote Murphoid said: View Post
    That would explain the differences between ESB and ROTJ.
    Yeah, but when he got out, would be after ROTJ... So, not really, unless he reused his ESB after he got out of the sarlaac... *shrugs*
    Apr 16, 2008, 6:50 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #145

Quote DMZBADGER said: View Post
    Fett had saved his dad's (key word saved as a memorial) think about it folks..you just watched your Dad have his head cut off...you gonna scoop the bits out and start wearing that bucket?? I don't think so..I know I wouldn't.
    Buddy, watch AOTC again, Jango's head clearly fly's out of his bucket in midair, you can see the shadow of it. And also, later, when Boba picked up Jango's bucket, shouldn't Jango's head fall out of it if it was still in there?

:P

-Naas
    Apr 16, 2008, 7:12 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #146

Quote Darasuum_Verd said: View Post
    shouldn't Jango's head fall out of it if it was still in there?
    Not if he is wearing a chin strap or the helmet has a head retention assembly.
  22. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Apr 16, 2008, 8:44 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #147

anyone else wondering why Jango's head doesn't pop out of the helmet when Boba picks it up... that would be creapy.
    Jun 2, 2008, 6:58 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #148

Fett Has many sets of armor. It can't be the same as jango's if he did have it resized he wouldn't fit it any more duh. Jango's armor was jasters since he recovered it when jaster was killed and had it when he was mandalore after the supercommandos we're murdered he got new armor which was not beskar, but duraplast as was Boba's seeing as beskar is pretty well indestructible, it wouldn't dent. Boba repaints his armor as well as seen in esb and rotj and holiday special. His armor is a version of the protectors not supercommandos like jango's is. He modifies his armor according to his needs. I belive Boba got his armor when he became a Journeyman Protector of Concord Dawn. Which is where he used Jaster's name so we think he had Jaster's armor, but he didn't. Most mandalorians who don't live on mandalore(the planet) don't have beskar armor. Any more questions?
    Jun 2, 2008, 7:01 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #149

Oh someone answered the jango head question.
    Jun 2, 2008, 9:23 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #150

THIS IS MY TAKE ON THE DENT... it is very simple... its safe to say we all have Fett buckets of our own, and if some of you dont, I bet you at least wore one at least a few times... YOU HAVE SEVERE TUNNEL VISION!! I think Lucas even reemphasized the problem with Jango hitting his head on the slave one. It is as simple as that... I would bet dollars to donuts that they hit their heads a couple times a day...