Subscribe
    Feb 11, 2008, 1:25 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #101

Is too... Is not... Is too... Is not... Shut up, my dad can beat up your dad... Nuh uh... Yes huh... Nuh uh... Yes huh...

LMAO!!

Nerds.
    Feb 11, 2008, 8:25 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #102

Quote stellardude said: View Post
    P.S. AGAIN... luke's lightsaber is not exactly the same as Anakin's... and they have access to TONS of Graflex flash tubes! Couldn't they have made Anakin's look exactly the same as it did in ANH too?

The intention IS there.
    Well, I think you are alone on this arguement. Everytime someone presents their idea you immediately go back to Luke/Anakin's lightsaber (they did the same with the Tantive IV) - we've heard you loud and clear - but no one else sees it that way.

If it were up to me EP I - III wouldn't be considered canon. They really don't fit all that well with IV-VI in the first place.
    Feb 11, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #103

Btw, Boba killed Jodo Kast after the incident with the Sarlaac.
    Well thats not right....Because Jodo Kast isn't dead!!!

I think it all comes down to GL not caring, and you guys making a big deal about it.
    Feb 11, 2008, 9:57 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #104

Quote ItsThatGuy said: View Post
    Too bad that Jango had the dent on Kamino (before he was
    trampled on Geonosis.)

maybe thats continuity error based on the order in which they filmed stuff , lol
    Feb 11, 2008, 9:59 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #105

Well, I think you are alone on this arguement. Everytime someone presents their idea you immediately go back to Luke/Anakin's lightsaber (they did the same with the Tantive IV) - we've heard you loud and clear - but no one else sees it that way.

If it were up to me EP I - III wouldn't be considered canon. They really don't fit all that well with IV-VI in the first place.
    Fair enough... I was just pointing out that nobody was acknowledging that point... they were ignoring that it was stated at all.

But it IS true... not everything in Star Wars looks the same from movie to movie... but is intended to be the same items. The lightsaber example is just the most immediate thing I could think of.

I just think everybody is trying to make it more difficult that really is... trying to "nerd" explain every little difference. We all sound like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons right about now.

(P.S. for the record, they used that Maul lightsaber design for LOTS of lightsabers... it was probably just easy to recycle)
    Feb 11, 2008, 10:08 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #106

Vader never fought Boba Fett.... remember... if it didn't happen in the movies... it didn't really happen.
    and where was that said? lol a lot of EU is considered part of the story line and included on the star wars database... just that if Uncle George decides to change it, his usurps it.

as far as where the armor came from... we'll probably find out soon enough.

the databank says:

"During the time of the Empire, Boba Fett emerged as the preeminent bounty hunter of the galaxy. Boba Fett's armor, like his father's, is a battered weapon-covered spacesuit equipped with a jet pack. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher. His kneepads conceal rocket dart launchers. Several ominous braids hang from his shoulder -- trophies from fallen prey -- that underscore this hunter's lethality. "

Like his fathers, ... which at the moment is what the databank says lol, kinda seems to say it isnt his dads.
    Feb 11, 2008, 1:01 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #107

wow...read everything here and still I have a question.

In your opinion if Boba Fett is wearing his "own" armor/helmet do you think he would have kept jango fetts armor as a keep sake?

IMO I think he would have. I also think he would have a collection of other armor and weapons and yes even a spare helmet or two..i.e ESB compared to ROTJ

your comments would be appreciated.
    Feb 11, 2008, 1:17 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #108

Quote DMZBADGER said: View Post
    wow...read everything here and still I have a question.

In your opinion if Boba Fett is wearing his "own" armor/helmet do you think he would have kept jango fetts armor as a keep sake?

IMO I think he would have. I also think he would have a collection of other armor and weapons and yes even a spare helmet or two..i.e ESB compared to ROTJ

your comments would be appreciated.
    That's a good point... but why would all his helmets have dents? In and around the same area, even?

Makes you think though!

(But I still hold by my theory that it's the same helmet with the same dent... just not exact continuity between movies.... even between ESB and ROTJ... the details are almost exactly the same, for the purpose of the movies... maybe not for anal retentive fans like us, lol)
    Feb 11, 2008, 2:31 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #109

That's a good point... but why would all his helmets have dents? In and around the same area, even?

Makes you think though!

(But I still hold by my theory that it's the same helmet with the same dent... just not exact continuity between movies.... even between ESB and ROTJ... the details are almost exactly the same, for the purpose of the movies... maybe not for anal retentive fans like us, lol)
    i'm surprised you didnt mention the kill strip colors are different in the movies but its the 'same' helmet, lol

we'll know more than likely , when the show comes out. it be kinda cool if it was his dads helmet , maybe he tried to hammer out the dent and thats why it got edges lol. maybe he did hammer the dent out... and vader gave him a new one and told him to keep it as a reminder lol if he hammered it out he'd get the blade end next time.
    Feb 11, 2008, 2:58 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #110

Quote WOlfie said: View Post
    i'm surprised you didnt mention the kill strip colors are different in the movies but its the 'same' helmet, lol

we'll know more than likely , when the show comes out. it be kinda cool if it was his dads helmet , maybe he tried to hammer out the dent and thats why it got edges lol. maybe he did hammer the dent out... and vader gave him a new one and told him to keep it as a reminder lol if he hammered it out he'd get the blade end next time.
    Yeah, I didn't want to go into too many details about the differences between the ESB helmet and the ROTJ one in the movies.... are we saying this is a different helmet?
    There is little or no continuity between any of the Star Wars movies... the lightsabers look different... the costumes are different.... heck even Mark Hamill's FACE is different (lol).
    I still think it's the same helmet from movie to movie.... I might be wrong, but we each have our reason for believing.... mine seems to be the "movie making" opinion... and everyone else's (or so I've been TOLD) is that, because it doesn't look EXACTLY the same from Jango to Boba, from ESB to ROTJ... it MUST be a different helmet.
    Feb 11, 2008, 3:05 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #111

The only reason I ask about "extra armor" is the fact that I am in the middle of a major film project including everyones favorite bounty hunter.

I have scheduled a scene were Boba opens up an equipment box/locker and in it is Jango's helmet and assorted gauntlets, guns, and jet packs.

Figured I'd ask here on this forum seeing as everyone is Fett Nutty here

One other point that would back up my idea is look at the jet pack Jango had blow up on him in ATOC....it was the same coloring scheme as the one Boba uses in ROTJ

Sure I am positive that a lot as mentioned has something to do with continuty...I mean hell look at Bobas pack when he is talking to Rystall...it has the vibro axe damage.
    Feb 11, 2008, 3:33 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #112

Quote DMZBADGER said: View Post
    The only reason I ask about "extra armor" is the fact that I am in the middle of a major film project including everyones favorite bounty hunter.

I have scheduled a scene were Boba opens up an equipment box/locker and in it is Jango's helmet and assorted gauntlets, guns, and jet packs.

Figured I'd ask here on this forum seeing as everyone is Fett Nutty here

One other point that would back up my idea is look at the jet pack Jango had blow up on him in ATOC....it was the same coloring scheme as the one Boba uses in ROTJ

Sure I am positive that a lot as mentioned has something to do with continuty...I mean hell look at Bobas pack when he is talking to Rystall...it has the vibro axe damage.
    Personally, I think that would be a really cool idea, having an equipment locker with all the odds and ends... like he just picks and chooses what he needs for which mission!

Would be awesome to see your film when you're done!
    Feb 11, 2008, 3:54 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #113

I need to know if boba fett shaves his chest.

I want to be cannon.
    Feb 11, 2008, 3:57 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #114

Quote Stormrider said: View Post

I want to be cannon.
    Hmmm good question! As a kid or an adult?
    Feb 11, 2008, 4:08 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #115

Quote Stormrider said: View Post

I want to be cannon.
    you want to be a giant projectile shooting weapon?

oooh you mean canon, got ya :P
  16. Feb 11, 2008, 6:41 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #116

its not the same armor or helmet

"Early Imperial era (19–0 BBY)
    "Everyone dies. It is the final and only ever lasting justice."
    ―Boba Fett[src]
    For years to come, Fett's reputation grew among bounty hunters and assassins. Boba continued to acquire and upgrade pieces of Mandalorian armor. It is said he had at least three complete sets of armor from which to use, one of which was mostly left in the Sarlacc pit. Eventually he found the Mandalorian armor of Jango's old mentor and leader, Jaster Mereel. Along with his new green and red armor, he had honed his skills as an assassin and mercenary, which would one day make him the most feared and sinister bounty hunter in the Galaxy. "
    it is hard to say it any of his armor belonged to Jango.....i dout it because jango's armor was cut down to fit B. Fett at a much younger age..........[/B]
    "In gratitude, the two had Jango Fett's body armor re-sized to fit the young Boba's frame. This couldn't have come at a better time, since Jabba was about to give him his first off-world assignment."
    Last edited by Son of the Baptist; Feb 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM.
    Feb 11, 2008, 9:54 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #117

Quote Son of the Baptist said: View Post
    its not the same armor or helmet

"Early Imperial era (19–0 BBY)
    "Everyone dies. It is the final and only ever lasting justice."
    ―Boba Fett[src]
    For years to come, Fett's reputation grew among bounty hunters and assassins. Boba continued to acquire and upgrade pieces of Mandalorian armor. It is said he had at least three complete sets of armor from which to use, one of which was mostly left in the Sarlacc pit. Eventually he found the Mandalorian armor of Jango's old mentor and leader, Jaster Mereel. Along with his new green and red armor, he had honed his skills as an assassin and mercenary, which would one day make him the most feared and sinister bounty hunter in the Galaxy. "
    it is hard to say it any of his armor belonged to Jango.....i dout it because jango's armor was cut down to fit B. Fett at a much younger age..........[/B]
    "In gratitude, the two had Jango Fett's body armor re-sized to fit the young Boba's frame. This couldn't have come at a better time, since Jabba was about to give him his first off-world assignment."
    All EU stuff..
    So we have a stalemate... right?
    If we follow the movie intentions, it could very well be Jango's helmet.
    If we follow the EU stuff, it definately is NOT Jango's (although the helmet could still be... you can't cut a helmet down to be smaller)

It's all opinion I suppose.
    I feel very strongly about the movie intentions trumping the EU stuff, but I have a feeling it's something that's going to be left completely ambiguous, officially. (i.e. if we has GL himself, he'd probably grin that sly grin and say "what do you think?")
  18. Feb 11, 2008, 11:51 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #118

its in the books and it makes sence..... boba would have altered his own gear to fit him the way he needed and as you see in ESB and ROTJ helmets dont match nor do his gauntlets nor dose the colors

3 diffrent helmets also in the books it is said how he earned his armor from the mandalors
    Feb 12, 2008, 12:27 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #119

Quote Son of the Baptist said: View Post
    its in the books and it makes sence..... boba would have altered his own gear to fit him the way he needed and as you see in ESB and ROTJ helmets dont match nor do his gauntlets nor dose the colors

3 diffrent helmets also in the books it is said how he earned his armor from the mandalors
    Chalk that up as "1 more for the Books and EU" folks.

But for the sake of argument, everything from ESB to ROTJ matches ALMOST perfectly... with the exeption of the colours (guess ol' Boba can paint). The only real difference is the Gauntlets and they are pretty much the same exept for the flame thrower... (which probably broke off the the original prop so the prop shop had to make a new one for ROTJ)
    Feb 12, 2008, 9:05 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #120

If we follow the movie intentions, it could very well be Jango's helmet.
    Where are these intentions in the movie, but in your own imagination??
    Feb 12, 2008, 9:20 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #121

IMO......

Fett has several sets of armor.

Fett had saved his dad's (key word saved as a memorial) think about it folks..you just watched your Dad have his head cut off...you gonna scoop the bits out and start wearing that bucket?? I don't think so..I know I wouldn't.

Fett has one ship..."THE" Slave 1. We saw it in ATOC right up to ESB..different markings yes, modifications sure...but same ship.
    Feb 12, 2008, 10:06 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #122

Where are these intentions in the movie, but in your own imagination??
    I'm not sure why people are being so hard on me for stating the obvious.
    That these were movies FIRST... and it's proven that George Lucas' movie stuff trumps anything else out there.

Would you not agree that a lot of things in the prequels are done as nods to the original trilogy? Why is it so hard to accept that it SEEMS to be intended that Jango's helmet is the one being used by Boba, and that's why they made it look (almost) exactly the same... and then put a dent in it, in almost the same spot?

Who knows... if I'm going to get all EU on you guys here... maybe the helmet is like a soda can! You know... the kind that you fiddle with and accidently dent... then you try to get the dent out and it just keeps moving around to make new dents... and you move it around and try to get the dent out so much, that you settle on the tiny dent that seems to be the smallest?

Maybe that's what happened with Boba... he tried to get that bigger dent (that's a bit further back on the helmet) out, and it kept making more dents... and by the time he finished trying to get it out, it was a smaller, rounder, dent... closer to the front of the helmet?

How's THAT for my own imagination?!
    Feb 12, 2008, 10:25 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #123

Ok your other ideas were a lot more plausible than that... I'll at least give that much.

As DMZ stated - we do know he used Slave 1. Also we assume Jango's Kamino pack was the same one that Boba used in ROTJ (color scheme was the same, except Boba's had lots more weathering). So it would be plausible that Boba did take ONE OF Jango's helmets - but I just cannot accept the one with the dent ended up being Boba's.
    Last edited by ItsThatGuy; Feb 12, 2008 at 10:30 AM.
    Feb 12, 2008, 10:59 AM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #124

Good stuff, man.... if we can't laugh about it, it's not entertainment, right?

But I'm pretty sure I know what George Lucas intended... because I AM GEORGE LUCAS! (didn't see that coming, eh?.... kidding of course... I have plaid wearing security guards at my door as we speak... ready to lash me with bamboo, for such blasphemy)

I just can't ignore what seems so intentional in the movies... I might be wrong... we might ALL be wrong! We'll either never now because it will remain shrouded in mystery... or, one day, we will get some sort of concrete explanation! (a la SW TV series)
  25. Feb 12, 2008, 8:24 PM - Re: Origin of The Dent! #125

so wait the books cant be true ("EU" or what ever you call it) but some TV shows will be better.....do you not know what copyright laws are the books could not have ANY from of star wars stuff in it unless the maker reads and approves of the story line...so weather G. Lucas wrote the books or not...him and his people agreed to let that be the story line....lets say i was to write a book talking about what Han Solo did in the time period in Between ANH and ESB i would have to make it fit around things mentioned in the movies (EX:Han and the bounty hunter on Ormandel) or G Lucas would not give me rights to publish the books because come time for new movies (if there ever will be) there can be law suit issues.