Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Origin of The Dent!

Re: Origin of The Dent!

yeah it seems that something like that would snap someones neck...but thats just what i think

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Remember guys... this isn't real..

if anyones debating the most, its you, GCN

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

still, what's beskar? i'm not familiar with that.

From
    Oklahoma

If I have my info correct, it's the type of metal traditional Mandalorian armor was made from.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

TantiveIV said: View Post
    if anyones debating the most, its you, GCN
    No need to get rowdy here. I'm not the one debating on whether a blasterbolt to a helmet would snap someone's neck. I'm just talking about the storylines, not real world situations affecting the EU.

From
    atlanta ga

just ask lucas im shure he knows! lol

From
    Atlanta, GA by way of NYC

OK, so here's the deal on Boba Fett's armor outside of the movies. After Return of the Jedi when he blasted his way out of the Sarlacc & was nursed back to health by Neelah, Denger & the comedy medical droids, Fett went to one of his secret hiding places in the desert & replaced all the parts of his Mandalorian armor destroyed/acid digested by the Sarlacc with bits & pieces from other sets of Mandalorian armor.

I believe that at one time he did have a resized set of his father's armor, it's just that thru his years as a Bounty Hunter he's also collected & hoarded other sets of Mandalorian armors. There is Jodo Kast's gear, but there is also the implication that Boba Fett has ...

a) taken bounties on other Mandalorians & taken their armors(Fenn Shysa, Tobi Daala & the remnants of the True Mandalorians/Deathwatch that formed the Mandalorian Protectorate)

b) found & murdered Mandalorian nomads who were wandering the galaxy & taken their armors.

c) anonymously joined Fenn, Tobi & Spar-02's Mando Protectorate & given Mandalorian armors & parts.

d) Made blueprints of his father's original armor & then replaced his damaged parts over his years as a Bounty Hunter with replica pieces made from Durasteel.

Seriously, I think that he shoulda filled that stupid dent in!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

dhs36 said: View Post
    just ask lucas im shure he knows! lol
    george lucas doesn't even know what a twi'lek is.

and i still don't know what beskar is! stop ignoring me and someone tell me WHAT IT IS!!!!

From
    atlanta ga

yea what is beskar?

From
    Baltimore, MD

Go back and reread Ordo Te'skot's message. It's the material Mandalorian armor is made from. I believe the armor itself is called beskar'gam.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

oh jeez... i didn't even see that post. whoops!

it was hiding in there, like a ninja!

From

Y'see, beskar'gam, dikut, ner vod & words like that are part of the new Mandalorian language that Karen Traviss, author of the Republic Commando novels, developed for LFL. It's a real complicated language & even tho I consider myself somewhat of a hardcore Fandalorian, I just haven't bothered to even try & learn it other than a word here or there. People are learning it tho, there's Klingon comparisons going around & it's muy geeky to talk to each other in Mando'a in public. Still more power to the geeks inside for those that're learning it.

http://karentraviss.com/html/cont_newmandoa.htm

Beskar is lightsaber-resistant metal that's only found on Mandalore. The Mandalorians use it to make their armor out of. Boba didn't use it as he wasn't a real Mandalorian, and in addition, didn't have the funds when he first started bounty hunting. He didn't use his father's armor because he was ten at the time, and he had no way to transport the armor that was far too big for him and probably rather heavy. Remember, he had to fight his way out of the arena using only his dad's blaster pistols and his own skill. He made it to someone from the Seperatists who recognized him, and helped him bury his father. Boba felt that it would be dishonourable to take his father's armor, in addition to impractical (it wouldn't have fit without massive resizing). He did, however, replicate it with his own duraplast armor (not durasteel), several suits of which he went through in his lifetime. However, by the time of LOTF, his armor was durasteel, as he was using parts from Jodo Kast's armor, which was durasteel instead of duraplast.

well, I know that there was a series of books (thin books mind you) that were directed towards a younger audience, and it was about Boba. In that series, he took Jango's armor and helmet, and it got dented by Mace's saber butt. I know that I've seen pieces of those books mentioned on Wiki, like Grevious fighting Boba at the 2nd battle of Zagobah or something like that. Dunno how canon people think it is though.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

The real origin of the dent?

His girlfriend threw an ashtray at him in a hissy fit.

From

Darasuum_Verd said: View Post
    well, I know that there was a series of books (thin books mind you) that were directed towards a younger audience, and it was about Boba. In that series, he took Jango's armor and helmet, and it got dented by Mace's saber butt. I know that I've seen pieces of those books mentioned on Wiki, like Grevious fighting Boba at the 2nd battle of Zagobah or something like that. Dunno how canon people think it is though.
    Not very...SW IS FOR KIDS yeah, but those books were taking that concept a bit too far, methinks.

From
    Lost in Kentucky

Didn't George already state that Boba's armor was Jango's?

From
    Sunny Sarlacc Pit, NE Florida

dhs36 said: View Post
    yea what is beskar?
    No...I think it was Sintra...
    Rob

From
    South Florida

"Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. - " A warrior is more than (his) armor" (Mandalorian proverb)

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

Ceric Neesh said: View Post
    Beskar is lightsaber-resistant metal that's only found on Mandalore. The Mandalorians use it to make their armor out of. Boba didn't use it as he wasn't a real Mandalorian, and in addition, didn't have the funds when he first started bounty hunting. He didn't use his father's armor because he was ten at the time, and he had no way to transport the armor that was far too big for him and probably rather heavy. Remember, he had to fight his way out of the arena using only his dad's blaster pistols and his own skill. He made it to someone from the Seperatists who recognized him, and helped him bury his father. Boba felt that it would be dishonourable to take his father's armor, in addition to impractical (it wouldn't have fit without massive resizing). He did, however, replicate it with his own duraplast armor (not durasteel), several suits of which he went through in his lifetime. However, by the time of LOTF, his armor was durasteel, as he was using parts from Jodo Kast's armor, which was durasteel instead of duraplast.
    wait so at some point Fett uses pieces from Jodo Kast's armor? I thought he only used pieces from Jaster Mereel's armor. Since Jodo Kast was just an impersonator of Fett. At least that's what I got from what I've read. Correct me if I"m wrong or if you accidently said Kast instead of Mereel.

Forcebewitya.

Tricky said: View Post
    Not very...SW IS FOR KIDS yeah, but those books were taking that concept a bit too far, methinks.

that's what I thought to, but thanks for an answer

From

Forcebewitya said: View Post
    wait so at some point Fett uses pieces from Jodo Kast's armor? I thought he only used pieces from Jaster Mereel's armor. Since Jodo Kast was just an impersonator of Fett. At least that's what I got from what I've read. Correct me if I"m wrong or if you accidently said Kast instead of Mereel.

Forcebewitya.
    You've got to understand that parts of Boba Fett's life are still a mystery, us fans are given innaccurate information, rumors perpetrated by Fett himself or imagined by his aquaintences & enemies so that by the time these stories get way out here to us in a galaxy far, far away we can never completely know what is or isn't true about the man. We used to think that he was Jaster Mereel, now we think he wasn't. Who knows where he really got all of his armor pieces from? Lots think they do, most of them are wrong. The ones that are right, well there's no way to confirm it cause Fett ain't talking...

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Remember guys... this isn't real..

BLASPHEMY!!!

From
    Omaha, NE

drokkul said: View Post

You have a guy in white armor from head to toe and yet one blaster bolt. Gone...
    Isn't that the point of Stormtrooper armor?