OK, I know this sucker looks ugly, but it was my first attempt at working with one of these crappy latex Rubies buckets.
The first photo is what I started with. Ugly? You betcha!
The next is after I shaped it. I'm still not happy with the dome, but tried rounding it out 3 times and finally gave up. I used a metal hoop in the back to give (and hopefully keep) the proper flair. I actully had to add aluminum strips to the front cheeks to straighten them out.
And the final 4 are after I painted it. I had never done a ROTJ bucket before. The colors are all stock spraypaints. The only problem I had was that silver stuck really well, but the other paints didn't stick to it as good. So every time I taped it off to paint another color, more paint chipped off. I painted it for a friend of mine, and we're calling it a "post sarlacc pit ROTJ bucket"
I was very happy with the metal finish I gave the silver. After I had painted it silver, I used the mustard method to mask it off. As I removed the mustard, I used a scrotchbrite type pad and rubbed it off. This gave it a dulled down metal-type finish. I went back with a silver paint pen after I was done painting and shined up spots on top of the silver areas.
I know its still ugly, but its a good start for my friend.