Subscribe
    Feb 23, 2011, 7:45 AM - Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #1

So because of the cold weather, I can't paint outside and don't feel like getting in trouble with the wife by converting the garage into a paint booth. I was pondering the inside of the helmet. More specifically the fans and mounting of glasses etc. I did some searches and found a couple of the threads that talked about it but I was wondering a picture is worth a thousand words. So what does everyone's interiors of their helmets look like. I have been trying to figure out how in the heck I am going to take an old pair of glasses and mount them inside the helmet (to get them in the right spot) and also where to mount the fans to help with air circulation.

Thanks!
  2. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 23, 2011, 7:51 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #2

Are you short or long sighted
    Feb 23, 2011, 9:21 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #3

Can't see things far away but here lately, feel like I am blind without my glasses. Dang it hate getting old!!
  4. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 23, 2011, 10:02 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #4

I know what you mean, (about getting old any way)

Are contacts an opition ? other wise id say make up a helmet and atach some small lenses from glasses (like the kind you get at a servise station) and and atach the lenses to the inside of the visor
    Feb 23, 2011, 10:54 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #5

Yeah contacts aren't an option. I saw were a couple people attach them to the visor (old pair without the stems on the glasses) but still haven't quite figured out how to do that. (Work in progress as usual)

By the way love the avatar you have!
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Feb 24, 2011, 7:36 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #6

heh another pensioners costumer - welcome!

nah; I hate contacts
    if you are like me, you will have a graveyard of old glasses. I salvaged the lenses alone and tape em to the inside of the visor. Hot glue would work too. works a treat.
    Feb 24, 2011, 9:51 AM - Re: Ok, tired of the cold weather. Holding up my painting! Sooooo.... #7

Cool. Do you have a pic? Also do you use any fans or anything? I am concerend about fogging up.