Ok, noob spraypaint question (Ear cap)

Triple d

Hunter
Ok started priming the ear pieces and such. All are turning out good except the one below. What are the spots that keep showing up? I prime it, wet sand it, prime it, sand it down and prime it again. Is it oil or something? Any tips?

earcap.jpg

Thanks

This is what in painting we call fish eyes
It may be that there is oil or some sorth of chemical that is reacting from the paint to the surface
And is more likely that you are spraying it on to thick being a small surfac you concertrate on the smaller area and dont spreed it out quik enough causing a build up ,
So strip it back to bare , then wipe it down with either metho or white spirits , let it dry totaly and then spray paint a dust coat(should always dust coat every thing you spray first time around) Dust coat is a quick spray held further away than you normally would thu causing the paint particals to dry b4 landing , leaveing a dusty look on the surface let this dry repeat once more then give a few even sweeping coats dont foucus the spray on one point it will cause build up and seperate,
(I am a painting teacher so forgive my rant)

If it's bad resin, there's not going to be much you can do.
I've worked on a couple of resin prop kits here and there that had this same problem.
If the person didn't thoroughly mix the resin, or used resin that went bad, it will never fully cure and this type of surface effect will keep coming back.

Like Jinto said, try cleaning the bare part well and don't apply paint too heavily because that can cause problems, too.

Glads to see it helpt , Use that method on all spray painting never aply to thick it hard when you want to paint it all then and there ,
but many paint jobs are ruined by over doing it and rushing you can always add more paint its easyer than stripping a wholre helmet back ,

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back