Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Kylash327
    Aug 6, 2002, 6:23 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Self Contained Mic? What to use? #26

I've got one of those Radio Shack white box amps, What would you recoomend with that? The volume doesnt seem to get very loud on that thing either. Im thinking of buying one of those personal amp and mic systems, the long black box.
  2. Kylash327
    Aug 6, 2002, 7:11 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Self Contained Mic? What to use? #27

I already did. ^_^
    Aug 6, 2002, 7:33 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Self Contained Mic? What to use? #28

Check out this site for some electronic goodies.http://www.canakit.com/
    Aug 6, 2002, 8:57 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #29

I dremmeled out the recessed indent on the left earpiece, backed it with metal screen mesh & hotmelted a CPU fan inside the helmet. It is controlled by a 9v battery & simple pushbotton switch which are mounted in the cavity inside the helmet where the other earcap is. I also dremmeled out the rear keyholes & backed these with mesh as well.

I had no problem with the helmet visor fogging up & I even have a gasket seal on the bottom. I think a second fan would be even better if it could be mounted in the back area & have the fans work in a push/pull configuration to allow the most ventilation possible.

I'll get a few pics up to show what I mean.

5. JangoFett1701
    Aug 6, 2002, 9:27 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #30

Those are some very nice pics of your helmet. It is really cool. Very Nice work. Later.

Andy
    Aug 6, 2002, 10:30 PM - Merged: <B>Merged:</B> Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #31

I was able to use the method of sticking it in the left earpiece, and that works quite well for me.

[edit dead image link]
  7. METALBOY
    Aug 7, 2002, 12:09 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #32

HEY bigkidbiggertoys .That helmet looks great. I like what you did to it with the cpu fans and metal screens. I need to ventilate my metal helmet as well and add cushions. Your method is excellent.
    Aug 7, 2002, 12:52 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #33

My helmet has the same places cut out of it with the metal screen behind it. It works well to help air you out. I mounted my fan in the front of the mask though. Its at the bottom of the visor on a hinge. It can point at my face or down and push the air out the bottom of my helmet under my chin. It works to keep my mask from fogging up.
  9. Member Since
    May 2002
    Aug 7, 2002, 12:35 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #34

O.K.
    Forgive my stpidity.WHY on earth would you put A fan in the back of your helmet?With wearing A balaclava there is no room fo the air to circulate.Put your fans into the earcaps.I drilled three holes under the rangefinder.Mount one fan there.
    It will suck in cool air thru the outside.Mount your second fan in the left earcap.Now you have one fan sucking in cool air,and the other to circulate.I have read of several people mounting there fans in the rear.This makes no sense to me.But
    hey whatever.I mounted my fans as stated above.It works great.
    Hit your smoke,blow it into my helmet.Within 2-3 seconds the
    smoke is blown back into your face and the helmet is clear.
    GOOD Luck and I hope this helps some of you out.
    Aug 7, 2002, 7:08 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #35

My thinking was that the three little holes in the right earcap wouldn't do squat as far as airflow was concerned. The keyholes seem logical because they are larger & will allow more air to pass through. I don't have the problem of my head riding against the back of the helmet so I think this will work fine for me.
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Aug 7, 2002, 10:49 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #36

I used "solar screen" for the brow openings of my Trooper helmet.It is black screen that is VERY tightly woven so you can't see through it .It passes air just as well as regular screen but looks MUCH better.IMHO.You can find it at Lowe's or Home Depot.It costs about twice as much as regular screen but it is well worth it ! Give it a try.
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Aug 8, 2002, 11:05 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #37

Check out:www.jedi-academy.com/ Look under the storm trooper costume and you will find the list and instructions to setting up your fan.
    Aug 30, 2002, 9:41 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Helmet accesories #38

I'm trying my best to figure out a way to rig up one of these into a helmet...

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...id=1&catid=112
    Aug 30, 2002, 9:45 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Helmet accesories #39

mmm accesories .... well i have the voice amp microphone and chips and your idea sounds good but, you can put a bottle in your jet pack and tubes to your helmet , puting water in your helmet its very weird ... why? ... because you dont have many space inside the bucket, rememer your head go insaide , and the best stuff to put inside are those 9v little vents or servo motors, microphones, switches and other stuff

Aug 30, 2002, 10:26 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Helmet accesories #40

I still intend to put a Vortex 1 voice changer/amp mic and a FRS radio mic (so I can communicate with my wife in her Boushh costume) in my helmet.
    Aug 30, 2002, 1:39 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Helmet accesories #41

I've never actually seen that cooler in person, but I wonder if you could wear it at the base of your skull, if the back of the helmet would cover it... It claims to cool your ENTIRE body for ~4 hours.

As for the CamelBak, I've heard of several Fetts installing them IN their jet packs to disguise them.

Oh, and if you DO decide to use the CamelBak, you might want to consider using one of these as well...

http://www.sneakyleaker.com
    Sep 21, 2002, 2:52 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #42

And if you have room, an eshaust fan couldn't hurt either.. It will keep the hot stale air from building up inside the helm
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Sep 22, 2002, 1:01 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Putting a fan in your helmet? #43

If you go spidies route youll need a condom cath and leg bag. You'll need to be more careful about bumping into things with that than your costume.

On a serious note, I think Im going to install one of those gaskets like Jango. Not a 100% pure to the actual costume but It would give you an alternate site to place fans/speakers. Ill let you guys know how this works out when I get to that point.
    Nov 28, 2002, 10:20 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Voiceamp question #44

I know Im really late on this, but How about having more than one speaker, placing one speaker in the Jet Pack, and some smaller ones in the pouches? You could get one inside the Missle on back, and therefore the sound would be coming from behind your head but still in the head area.
    Nov 28, 2002, 11:08 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Voiceamp question #45

Fett4u wrote:

I know Im really late on this, but How about having more than one speaker, placing one speaker in the Jet Pack, and some smaller ones in the pouches? You could get one inside the Missle on back, and therefore the sound would be coming from behind your head but still in the head area.
    That's a pretty good idea. Except running a wire to the jet pack. It would have to be detachable so when the jet pack comes off though.
    Nov 29, 2002, 3:12 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Voiceamp question #46

well i add the speaker in the right chestplate, first i over full to avoid the feedback and sounds very good, tonight i try to post one pic

edit: the pic

go here to view a pic
    http://espanol.photos.yahoo.com/bc/s...tos.yahoo.com/
    Nov 30, 2002, 7:56 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Voiceamp question #47

http://www.webphotos.com/view_photo....0670&p=2022960

Here's a link to a very sad picture of the inside of my helmet. It's an RS amp with the small trooper speakers on top of the visor. There's a small opening between the visor and the helmet, vertually unnoticable, but lets the sound out. I don't have a problem with feedback.
  23. Soju
    Jan 2, 2003, 7:23 PM - Merged: Re: Where's the best place to find how to install greeblies? #48

Well, the fan thread helped at least. It appears no one has come up with a speaker solution though. Too bad. I don't want my voice coming from my crotch (i.e. belt pouch).
    Jan 3, 2003, 1:02 AM - Merged: Re: Where's the best place to find how to install greeblies? #49

I've heard a few people were able to mount a small speaker in their helmet without getting the feedback. That would be nice if the volume doesn't reverberate inside the helmet. That way you wouldn't have to run a wire from your helmet to wherever. I'm looking into the tiny computer speakers myself. That is what most stormtroopers use in their helmets.
  25. Soju
    Jan 3, 2003, 1:30 AM - Merged: Re: Where's the best place to find how to install greeblies? #50

Let me know if you find something Fettish, and I'll do the same. My wife's picking up a really nice Boba helmet I'm gonna have to wire as well.