I wanted a break from RotJ painting before my (hopefully!) final helmet for myself.
So I took one of my misfit castings and painted it up, using only what I had on hand already (as in, no buying specific paints for it)
The weathering is all layered, as this photo shows really well:
Sadly I did next to nothing for progress pics.
I can tell you what colors I used though
All paints are rustoleum in some form or another. They have a few different product lines at home depot, but it's all the same company. I may get the line wrong in my descriptions:
Base is rustoleum metallic silver.
Grey is painters touch winter grey
The tan color on the back is american accents fossil
the green on the back is american accents hunt club
the black is just black
the darker red on the visor is painters touch claret wine
the redder red is painters touch colonial red
the dome and cheeks are a combination of moss green and sage green. base of moss and misting of sage. one of them is american accents and the other is painters touch.
there's a mist of painters touch nutmeg, and a pretty heavy mist of rustoleum auto primer.
it's all coated in testor's dullcote. i was using satins, flats, glossy... all sorts of madness. there's some graphite powder rubbed into a few spots here and there too.
i'll spend a bit of time doing subtle scuffs and dirt. i'm sampling from the movie, the aosw pics and the c4 pics. pulling out bits of post-filming damage i like and ignoring what i don't.
not a master work at all, but it was fun to spend some time looking at a different helmet for once. i probably spent about 12 - 15 hours on it, give or take a bit.
i imagine i'll spend 3-4 on the ears and killstripes.