Subscribe
    Feb 24, 2006, 7:16 PM - Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #1

Hi,
    I'm new here, But I have a question. I found this bucket on Ebay & I was wondering if any one has bought one of these? I dont think this is a "real" Mystery Helmet, from what I'v heard thy're rare(This guy has sold several).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7a_1_b.JPG 
Views:	459 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	8749  
    Last edited by deadbolt; Jan 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Feb 24, 2006, 8:03 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #2

If it's from amiadfilter then I'd stay clear. A) Its a recast, 2) Many guys have been burned by his poor workmanship.
  3. Feb 24, 2006, 8:07 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #3

post a pic, so we can see it please.

EDIT: Just saw it, its from amiadfilter, dont buy it.
    Last edited by Fett prop artist; Feb 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM.
    Feb 24, 2006, 8:27 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #4

why doesnt Ebay stop that theif?
    people like him sicken me
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Feb 24, 2006, 8:33 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #5

yeah wasn't Cookiemogloid his latest victim??
    cookie??where are ya??! PM deadbolt and give him all the ugly details.

HERE YA GO
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=10246
    Feb 24, 2006, 8:43 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #6

Thanks Alot Guys, Thank God I didn't buy it yet.
    Feb 25, 2006, 9:51 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #7

wow... the one i got from him wasn't NEARLY that bad (but it was still bad!)

that guy really should be ashamed of himself!
    Feb 25, 2006, 10:44 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #8

If you look a couple down, you will see what mine looks like after painting. It's a fiberglass MLC and really good, already sanded, visor cut out and it's ready to paint.
    Feb 25, 2006, 12:13 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #9

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    If it's from amiadfilter then I'd stay clear. A) Its a recast, 2) Many guys have been burned by his poor workmanship.
    And so say all of us!!!!
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Feb 25, 2006, 1:45 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #10

Wow I too was nearly pulled in by this guy on ebay.. but then I saw the light (and these forums) and ordered myself a MS3.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Feb 25, 2006, 2:40 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #11

If he's so bad, why hasn't anyone given him any negative comments on eBay?

I don't know him and I'm not vouching for him, just asking a question.
  12. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Feb 25, 2006, 2:46 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #12

I WAS SCREWED BY THIS GUY!! I am the LATEST victim of him. NEVER EVER EVER EVER purchase from this cheesmo. I emailed him about a return, and he NEVER responded,
    What happened is I waited too long, to leave feedback and the item dissapeared off of my "leave feedback" list. I didn't know that can happen. But anyway, im stuck with this piece of CRAP. so never ever ever ever EVER buy from him, ever. Get a Marrow Sun or Boba Maker.
    I cannot express how much I advise you NOT to buy that helmet.
    A fett full of dollars offered to fix and paint mine, so that is what Im doing, but its a crappy on the inside, just look at the pics of it.
    Feb 25, 2006, 2:49 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #13

I thought it said in that thread that he responded back and you managed to return it?
  14. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Feb 25, 2006, 2:57 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #14

He initially responded, but a week later, I wasn't able to send the hemlet back due to being hospitalized, so I emailed him again only to confirm that he will still do the refund. He never responded to that mail, I mailed mailed mailed him many times asking for a confirmation that the deal is still good....not one response. Eventually the purchase dissapeared on ebay, and I thought to myself, he could easily screw me over now if i send the helmet back, and he doesnt forward me my money. SO I let it go, but asked that he send me the parts he owes me i.e. the stalk, rangefinder, earpieces, and refrence cd, he never responded to that either. So this scumbag not only didn't respond to my emails, but he never sent the parts he owed me.
    Feb 25, 2006, 2:58 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #15

Oh, didn't know that.
    Feb 25, 2006, 3:26 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #16

Quote BobaFettSlave_1 said:
    why doesnt Ebay stop that theif?
    people like him sicken me
    Yeah, that guy is a total tool, don't buy it! Get a MS, BM, or SGB
    Feb 25, 2006, 4:36 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #17

How can Ebay stop a guy, Amidafilter, who recast a helmet from a guy, Marrow Sun/Sarge Fang, who recast the helmet first for TDH/RPF, of a character that neither one has the license for reproducing?

I know it is unfortunate, but that is why we self-police.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; Feb 25, 2006 at 5:23 PM.
    Feb 25, 2006, 5:47 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #18

Quote tylerdurden said:
    How can Ebay stop a guy, Amidafilter, who recast a helmet from a guy, Marrow Sun/Sarge Fang, who recast the helmet first for TDH/RPF, of a character that neither one has the license for reproducing?
    That is all true, none of us have any rights to Fett, that belongs to LFL or whoever. BUT, the reason for a grievance against the particular seller is that he is not shipping a clean product like he posts in his auction. So for that reason alone he could catch some heat.
    He has also been asked to stop supplying his RF posts which are a recast of BKBT's(Which he has ignored) on top of this he is also distributing copies of the Reference CD put together by Braks Buddy. Again these "infractions" hold no merit since none of us hold any rights to these props or images.
  19. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Feb 25, 2006, 6:12 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #19

It's a damn shame, it really is. Too bad that these people are out there stealing other's hard work, and we cannot do anything about it.
    Feb 25, 2006, 11:41 PM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #20

Quote cookiemongoloid said:
    It's a damn shame, it really is. Too bad that these people are out there stealing other's hard work, and we cannot do anything about it.
    pretty much it. thats why they say life is unfair. can't do anything about it.
  21. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Feb 26, 2006, 7:31 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #21

we cannot do anything about it.
    Actually you already have. Thanks to these forums and the great community here, people like myself have managed to avoid making purchases like this. For every recast this guy sells there are probably ten people that have decided against it. You guys and gals rock :thumbup
  22. Feb 26, 2006, 9:09 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #22

maybe we could tell ebay to freeze his account and investigate. Or leave bad feedback reports.
  23. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Feb 26, 2006, 9:45 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #23

This is really unfortunate and a reality to creating and selling stuff, there's always someone who is going to drop it into rubber and turn it over on EBAY. I have to admit this is the prime reason I am hessistant to let stuff out. If you intend to produce/make available items that is just potential for reproduction by someone else and you truly have no one to blame but yourself (the person who made it available). Also, I have seen examples of folks taking other peoples work and redoing and selling it as their own... no honor among thieves. Truly if you don't want your stuff copied don't sell it because there are dirt bags/sharks just chomping to profit from your efforts. I'm pretty much resolved that the next item I produce is going to be copied/reworked as an original piece and eventually and should appear on EBAY in no time but at least 99% should end up in good hands.
    Last edited by Rogue Studios; Feb 26, 2006 at 9:55 AM.
    Feb 26, 2006, 9:52 AM - Re: Not sure if this is for real. "Mystery Helmet" #24

Quote tylerdurden said:

I know it is unfortunate, but that is why we self-police.
    This guy must watch who bids on Boba Fett stuff as he just sent me an e-mail pointing me to one of his helmet auctions.

I think I'll report him to Ebay for "unsolicted spam e-mails!".