Subscribe
    Oct 24, 2008, 10:08 AM - noob's first bucket paint!! #1

here is my first attempt at painting a mr fett ROTJ helmet. looks more ESB to me. the only thing i did different was paint the back plate royal blue. i am not done yet, more scratches and small details like airbrush the grimey look. it is a helmet i got off ebay. the visor is just taped in at this point.

thanks for looking. any advice would be nice.......

Last edited by mrbungle; Oct 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM.
    Oct 26, 2008, 6:58 AM - Re: noob's first bucket paint!! #2

I'm not too familiar on how a RotJ should look, but that seems pretty good. What techniques / materials were you using. Rattlecan?, you mentioned airbrush? Layered or topical etc.
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Oct 26, 2008, 8:51 AM - Re: noob's first bucket paint!! #3

I thought I'd chime in and give you my honest opinion since nobody has really responded. You may want to read the Helmet painting topics on these boards bro. the info provided there will guide you step by step to achieving a great looking bucket. it's good that you practiced on this lid dude but let's be honest.... the colors are wrong and you went overboard on the weathering. Not to mention you have both what kinda looks like ESB and ROTJ paint schemes mixed into one. I hate to sound harsh and it was a good attempt but take your time, study the guides and templates and start again. It will pay off in the end. keep up the good work
    Oct 26, 2008, 9:46 AM - Re: noob's first bucket paint!! #4

thanks for the comments, i used liquid latex and rattlecans. i layered each color to try to get a more realistic chipped paint look. i have an airbrush that i will use for the ageing .

bountyone, thanks ,that is the type of advice i was looking for. i like the weathering but, you are right in some places it is to much like the lower cheeks. i am going to re paint the back to a drak green. i really thought it was blue, then opon futher review i realized it was wrong. i will update this thread when i am done.

are there anymore wrong colors that i am unaware of?
    thanks again
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Oct 26, 2008, 11:17 AM - Re: noob's first bucket paint!! #5

I think your green is too light. If your using "rattle cans" try Olive or Panzer green.