Newbie seeking advice

From
    Trondheim, Norway

Newbie seeking advice

New member here, recently aquired a Boba helmet, I think it is a cast of a mystery helmet. The bucket is in resin, and I will have to reinforce the inside, not quite shure how atm.

Allways been a big fan of Boba, but since my economy is a bit off atm I have been thinking of trying out for a custom mando to begin with, this way I might learn a little about working with the helmet, and what mad skills I have to aquire to be able to pull off that coveted esb paintjob.

I am looking for an aluminum stalk for the helmet, so any tips on where too find something like that is very welcome.

Rivera.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Re: Newbie seeking advice

Welcome to the boards bud! Asok would be the man to speak to for a great, well priced aluminium stalk.. As for your paint job, by all means, do a custom mando if thats what you want to do, but if you really love ESB, there is so much info on that paint up including colour lists, hi-res reference photos, and Rafalfetts stencils, which are basically perfect - so do some reading to get your most affordable materials and give it a go m'man! Peace

From
    Christchurch,New Zealand

research is your best weapon when it come to attacking any problem

From
    Trondheim, Norway

I'l have to go really low-budget on this build, so I guess i'l be taking my sweet time, picking up one piece here and one there whenever the price is right. The afformentioned stencils, how do i go about getting a hold of those? and at what cost?

I will be talking qiute a bit with the other local bobadudes, so I'm hoping to get some good input there.

Rivera

From
    Galati, Romania

Rivera said: View Post
    The afformentioned stencils, how do i go about getting a hold of those? and at what cost?

Rivera
    The stencils are free and always will be! Here is the link for you ==> All Boba Fett Helmet Stencils and Templates

From
    UK

RafalFett said: View Post
    The stencils are free and always will be! Here is the link for you ==> All Boba Fett Helmet Stencils and Templates
    What Raf said... and always feel free to ask questions bruv.

From
    USA

hey buddy if you're looking for somebody to paint your helmet and armor MMGraphics and Deadland offer the ESB(Empire Strikes Back) paintjob for you for a reasonable price. Deadland is in the US and MMGraphics Europe. Good luck! hope this helps

From
    Trondheim, Norway

Thanks alot for the replies. I think I will have the stensils printed for me by a printing company in town, to ensure htat I get the right size. The paintjob I really want to do by myself, although I do wonder about doing a Boba as it was off the production line. Clean without any scratches etc, but propably I will take my time and try for a classic esb scheme.

From
    TEXAS

Newbie seeking advice

I would print them yourself as different aspects of the lid are different sizes. My back panels were like 95%, the back red panel was 97%, but the cheeks and mandibles were 100%. My lid is a DP96, not sure about others.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Mos Eisley

Rivera said: View Post
    New member here, recently aquired a Boba helmet, I think it is a cast of a mystery helmet. The bucket is in resin, and I will have to reinforce the inside, not quite shure how atm.

Rivera.
    What works well and is very easy to work with is "Magic Sculpt" Its a two part clay like compound that you roll into two even size balls then seperatly into a rope like shape and twist each together then roll into one great big ball. That stuff can easily adapt to a resin surface and shaped to your desire.

Your other option is Fiber tape from the local hardware store and resin/ or 3,5,15 minute set epoxy depending on how nimble you are. 5 Minute should be okay. it comes in a two pack that needs to be mixed in equal parts. I'm sure a few other ways are out there but those are the two common methods I've used.
    Last edited by Aiakos; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

From
    Trondheim, Norway

I have now used plastidip on the inside of my lid, giving it a nice matte black surface, and cut my visor to size. I have also tried to drill/cut/file out the (i dont remember its name thingy) in the back of the helmet. This was done with not quite the result I had hoped for (my skills with a file is not much to brag about)

I have downloaded a set of stensils for the esb paint scheme, but I am daunted by the task. Since this is a mystery helmet, does anyone know just how off its meassurements are? Atm I am tempted to just paint it a matt black, and start off with a all black custom mando.

So there you go, I really am in deep dodo on this one. Not shure about what to do at all. And I really want to get hold of a reasonable aluminum stalk. I have been looking in the cargohold, but the more I see, the more i realize that this could get very pricey indeed. As this is my side project I have just about no funds at all.

Rivera