Newbie (1st post) Help w/ rangefinder???

From
    Orange County, CA.

Newbie (1st post) Help w/ rangefinder???

Hello and thanks for reading! This is my first post on these forums, so thanks for bearing with me...

I bought a kit a few years back off Ebay (made from A/B plastic or acrylic I believe) and assembled and painted this Fett Helmet. I only use it for display purposes since it's been autographed, but the rangefinder has always been problematic for me. It's so fragile, that it's come off a few times and has recently broken (all parts made of A/B and glued together). Does anyone know of a good source for a more sturdy rangefinder, or any ideas to make it attach a little more permanently? Any advice much appreciated!!! - DL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fetthelmet_detail1-jpg   fetthelmet_detail2-jpg   fetthelmet_detail3-jpg  

fetthelmet_detail4-jpg   fetthelmet_detail5-jpg   fetthelmet_parts-jpg  

From
    Austin, TX

Re: Newbie (1st post) Help w/ rangefinder???

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you (a newb myself), but I have to say I really like the paint work on this lid. It might be a bit off the beaten path from most of the movie replica versions, but the distressed areas and scratches really sell the war-torn look.

I'm sure some of the TDH vets will chime in about your prob momentarily.

From
    WEST ofthe MINSTER CA.

There are some people that sell metal stalks if your rangefinder isn't broke. Its a pretty simple fix and what part of orange county are you in? I'm in westminster i might have something to fix your problem.

From
    Orange County, CA.

Oralndo_cepeda said: View Post
    There are some people that sell metal stalks if your rangefinder isn't broke. Its a pretty simple fix and what part of orange county are you in? I'm in westminster i might have something to fix your problem.
    Wow, thanks for the offer! Much appreciated... I live in Tustin, and could definitely drop by if you have a metal stalk, etc. Here's my email:

ajnesselrod@mac.com

Thanks!

From
    Newport News, VA

Yes, there are a couple of members here that do aluminum stalks. Looks like with some care and patience this is repairable.

I just have to say it's awesome that your helmet was signed both by Jeremy Bulloch and Jason Wingreen!
    Don't think I've ever seen another Boba piece with Mr. Wingreen's signature!

From
    Orange County, CA.

Thanks superjedi... yeah, I'm more of an autograph collector than props (although I do have a few!!!) A friend of mine helped me out with the Wingreen signature. Mr. Wingreen is 90 years old, and is arthritic. He's been a great signer through the mail, as long as it's a small item like a photograph or index card, but it's difficult for him to sign larger items... so I am pretty lucky to have had him sign for me.