Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New "Proto" FP Helmet.... ??

Re: New "Proto" FP Helmet.... ??

Chris, this looks fantastic. I can't wait to read more details about this. I'd love to see a dentless version offered. I could see that become the definitive custom Mando helmet to have.

Also, I remember Art's thread about the MQ-1 part. Seems like they only used the top half of the board in the Fett helmets?

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=4206

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Rich D. said: View Post
    Chris, this looks fantastic. I can't wait to read more details about this. I'd love to see a dentless version offered. I could see that become the definitive custom Mando helmet to have.

+1

BTW- The FPH2 was just the first thing to pop in my head. Well, not really. The first description was " expletive deleted, expletive deleted, AWESOME, expletive deleted, helmet".

But FPH2 was shorter and more "kid friendly".

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Oh... My... God... :thumbup

The detail is crisp... its amazing... :thumbup

Account Deactivated

SEEKER said: View Post
    It appears that this new one is smaller, is it? hope so.
    It is smaller... More accurate in size.

From
    Braunschweig/Germany

it looks great.it is one of the best i have seen.

From
    Buenos Aires - Argentina

New "Proto" FP Helmet.... ??

HOLY MOLY:thumbup, the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo

From
    United States

Criminy!!!!

From
    Oslo, Norway

Aw ****. Now that my BM is painted and finished, this comes along.

Do you know how it compares in size to the BM?

And...ah...I want one.

******, wasn´t planning on spending anymore on Fett for at least a month or two!! Hehe.

From
    Austin, TX

Awesome stuff, guys.

Guess I now know what my first helmet is going to be (and hopefully they'll be posted soon,
    so I can justify the purchase as a Xmas gift to myself ).

From
    San Diego, California

Nice work Chris and thanks for posting the proto pics Alex!

I was hoping by the thread title, there would be at least one WIP picture. I for one would love to see how "...the best fan made helmet ever made available..." was fabricated.

From
    Poland

Amazing detail Looking forward to new pictures

Well ******! less than a month after I FINALLY get my movie sized 2 that you did what 5 years ago and you post this thing of beauty and now I realize I"m going to have to start all over

Amazing work as usual Chris!

nzjedi said: View Post
    I was hoping by the thread title, there would be at least one WIP picture. I for one would love to see how "...the best fan made helmet ever made available..." was fabricated.
    "It wasn't". Nor is any other helmet offered on this forum - besides the TF, MLC (if it's still around) and my own FPH

Thanks again everyone

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Nov 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM.

From
    Phoenix Arizona

fettpride said: View Post
    "It wasn't". Nor is any other helmet offered on this forum - besides the TF, MLC (if it's still around) and my own FPH

Thanks again everyone

Chris
    Not sure what that means, is this a recast/retooled MR? Is that why there aren't any WIP pics?

fettpride said: View Post

Thanks again everyone

Chris
    We must have different understandings of the word fabricate?
    fab⋅ri⋅cate

 /ˈfæbrɪˌkeɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fab-ri-keyt] –verb (used with object), -cat⋅ed, -cat⋅ing. 1. to make by art or skill and labor; construct: The finest craftspeople fabricated this clock. 2. to make by assembling parts or sections. 3. to devise or invent (a legend, lie, etc.). 4. to fake; forge (a document, signature, etc.).
    Edit; ohhh i see, its a tweaked MR recast? fair enough I guess we just have different definitions of "fan-made" Good luck with your project, on the subject of what to call it, I'd vote for "M.V."
    Last edited by nzjedi; Nov 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM.

Wow , you're on fire I suppose this means you have personal issues with me

Ok guys, I can see where this is going. I think this needs to be nipped before it gets out of hand. I just wish it could wait until I can post my own thread. But I'll address it anyway.

Everyone can pretty much take a flying guess at what the base origins are by now (+/-). They may be right, and may be wrong. There is no point beating that horse - or more accurately, hopping on the FP bashing band wagon. I'm not the first, and I will certainly not to be the last. If you're patient, it will all make more sense. What I will say is .. what is special about this particular helmet "are" the refinements/improvements. The earless version on the other hand ... will be about pure pedigree

But until then, I want to make something VERY clear. Because I've grown very tired of getting hit by all sides every time I try to do something good for the community (that statement will make perfect sense when I post my own thread).

In the history of this board, there are a handful of members (perhaps 2 or three) that have continued to offer their own fan made sculpts over the years when everyone else took liberties with whatever manufactured helmet there was available at any particular time, or even taking liberties with other members works. Until recently I was one of those very, very few that stuck with my own fan made helmets such as the FPH, and it's predecessor - the MSH2.

Calling me out like I'm some sort of dirt bag is laughable at best. I'm one of the last makers that hasn't offered a recast of something or another. The "other guys" ? Always have. Why aren't they called out?

This sort of behavior has always baffled me. The members here, including those that are going to open this can of worms - want parts for their costumes. Right? Most of them, want the best parts for their costumes. Am I wrong? Why would anyone want to cripple those that supply their wants and desires, and strive to share new and cool things with them? Because they can do it themselves? Well, not everyone can

A large part of this hobby is the never ending quest for the holy grail of any particular item or character, or movie. Unlike some, I like to share my acquisitions. This happens to be one of them.

-Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Nov 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

We must have different understandings of the word fabricate?

Edit; ohhh i see, its a tweaked MR recast? fair enough I guess we just have different definitions of "fan-made" Good luck with your project, on the subject of what to call it, I'd vote for "M.V."

...in the end... does it really matter? It is simply awesome looking...

Relax mate, I'm not calling you out. I have no problem with you or what you do. I was just wondering about the helmet. Don't feel like you're obliged to answer any of my questions. I know a lot of fans weren't happy with the MR the way it was, I think you've done some nice mods to it.

edit, Sorry missed that first line, No I don't have any personal issues with you. I don't believe we've ever met or even exchanged emails
    Last edited by nzjedi; Nov 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM.

From
    north carolina

wah wah we wah, very nice how much

Relax mate, I'm not calling you out. I have no problem with you or what you do. I was just wondering about the helmet. Don't feel like you're obliged to answer any of my questions. I know a lot of fans weren't happy with the MR the way it was, I think you've done some nice mods to it.
    Fair enough There is much more to it than that though. It will all make more sense when I can get my own thread started. Sorry about the way I must have sounded. I'm a little sensitive I geuss

I might be sorry asking .. but what does "MV" stand for ?

-Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Nov 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM.

From
    Phoenix Arizona

So now that we've cleared everything up, I'm sure you've got some sick WIP pics lying around, I know I for one am curious on how it got from a standard MR to this beauty!

You only think everything is cleared up I keep saying (and no one seems to be reading it) that I'll be posting all the info in a couple of days on my own thread. C'mon everyone. What is the deal here?

-Chris

From
    Murrieta CA

Chris All I have to say is that this thing is gorgeous and I cannot wait for your thread explaining it all. Like all of your other releases in the past you have done a great job in explaining how the piece was made from beginning to end. Man it seems like it was just yesterday that you were releasing the FPH and the FP v3 armor, man how time flies.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Very sharp and clean looking helmet!