Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

NEW MR FETT HELMET PICS

From
    killinois

Re: NEW MR FETT HELMET PICS

MR makes a great helmet but I still cannot stand the misted dirt they spray over the whole thing. It just looks like a bad paint job if you get close enough to it. For screen purposes it's great, but for up close and personal it looks a little too intentional.

From
    United States

Spideyfett said: View Post
    hmmm..Interesting..

Maybe its a combination of both..?? no?..

Cause by looking at the pics what we are really saying is MR could have fixed it?? and didn't?
    Cause the PP3 does show a tapper..and not completely parallel mandibles from top to bottom...
    Either way, I'm still going to display it proudly. I have no intention of trying to "fix" it. By altering it, you ruin take away from what gives a MR helmet it's individuality. I would hate to spend that much for a licensed replica, only to alter it. Like I said before, I hope to get a helmet from a board member and make it how I like. Just my 2 cents.

suspect86 said: View Post
    MR makes a great helmet but I still cannot stand the misted dirt they spray over the whole thing. It just looks like a bad paint job if you get close enough to it. For screen purposes it's great, but for up close and personal it looks a little too intentional.
    I have to say the earlier shots of the MR that were released did have a heavy amount of weathering with the "Rust splatter", As seen on STARWARSHELMETS.COM...but on this one we looked at they really toned it down with less of all that.....for the better I think

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Perhaps they had made the molds, but due to the fact that their licensing with LFL was ending shortly, they didnt have the time to fix them all? Thats probably the only reason I could think of. But on the other hand, this should have been fixed immediatly

Hey Spidey, just one question...

What are the ears made off ??? what material... ?? resin, coldcast ? real metal ??

Same with the stalk ??? is aluminium ? or other material painted ?

That's something I've been wondering a loooooooooooong time !!!

P.S. the more I look it, the more I like it... it's really perfect (ok, not counting the mandibles, I know, I think I will mod it, once I know how could I do it... FP..??xDDD ).

Ben.
    Last edited by Benkenove; Jan 26, 2008 at 2:18 PM.

tubachris85x said: View Post
    But on the other hand, this should have been fixed immediatly
    I totally agree..

Benkenove said: View Post
    Hey Spidey, just one question...

What are the ears made off ??? what material... ?? resin, coldcast ? real metal ??

That's something I've been wondering a loooooooooooong time !!!

P.S. the more I look it, the more I like it... it's really perfect (ok, not counting the mandibles, I know, I think I will mod it, once I know how could I do it... FP..??xDDD ).

Ben.
    Well, I have to give Lee (rogue studios) credit for telling me early on what they were going to be....then Phillip Wise confirmed it for me...But the EARS are Die-cast.....and extremely cold to the touch.

and the same for me too, the more time I spent with it the more I like it...and now I want one...it kinda grows on ya.

Oh and one other thing, it's got some sold wieght to it!! for sure.

And the stalk.. the same ? or real alum ??

P.S. (what is exactly die-cast ... something like coldcast or what ?? excuse my ignorance, but sometimes my english is a little limited)

From
    Lost in Kentucky

I don't feel that the "pinch" visor look will ruin it's distinctiveness as an MR. The pinch to me actually distracts. In my eye the PP3 and Hero appear "almost" identical. I have no issues with a repair, however, the concern is how much stress that could cause a crack around the edge of the eye slit. Ummm, like the Hero.... that might just be something.
    Mike

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Benkenove said: View Post
    And the stalk.. the same ? or real alum ??

P.S. (what is exactly die-cast ... something like coldcast or what ?? excuse my ignorance, but sometimes my english is a little limited)

Die-cast is actual metal. If you remember all those hot wheel cars, it says "die-cast metal." Its basically like liquid metal as the casting material in a mold (from what i understand, could be wrong about the casting processes, but it is metal) Cold casting is the use of an aluminum powder mixed into fiberglass resin, so that once casted, it gives the appearence of real metal

Desloc said: View Post
    I don't feel that the "pinch" visor look will ruin it's distinctiveness as an MR. The pinch to me actually distracts. In my eye the PP3 and Hero appear "almost" identical.
    Absolutely. They all came from the same place. Any differences could be attributed to trimming, assembling, and warping, which are minor variations.

From
    Ft.Myers FL

hey spideyfett, the helmet looks like it could fit a few differnt size heads,would it be good for us big headed felloews or is it kinda snug under that beautiful helmet?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated ,thanks.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

I dont have that big of a head and I felt like it was tight on my head....

the have so much padding on the inside it makes it feel much tighter than it actual is.

the_ hunter_of_bounties said: View Post
    hey spideyfett, the helmet looks like it could fit a few differnt size heads,would it be good for us big headed felloews or is it kinda snug under that beautiful helmet?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated ,thanks.

From
    Ft.Myers FL

What would be a good helmet for me to buy to wear then, I bought one of the ebay and when i got it I couldn't even see out the slot through the visor,figured i mess with it some to see what i could do with it since it was very cheep to purchase.

What are the box dimensions?

From
    Pennsylvania

Wolfi said: View Post
    What are the box dimensions?
    Ditto. And possibly the shipping weight that was on the label?

I emailed the guy at www.t-visor.com about selling a corrected visor especially for the MR helmet (hopefully it's an easy swap). He's into it, and I offered to send him a template once I receive my helmet, unless someone wants to send it to him first.

From
    UK

Count Dookie said: View Post
    I emailed the guy at www.t-visor.com about selling a corrected visor especially for the MR helmet (hopefully it's an easy swap). He's into it, and I offered to send him a template once I receive my helmet, unless someone wants to send it to him first.
    That would be cool... a replacement visor? I expect that a few members here may just want one?

I received my MR "Signature Edition" Boba Fett Helmet today and it's also happens to be a very low number to boot, 64 out 750!

Honestly guys, I'm very picky and I hate to admit it, but I have to say, this helmet is extremely nice, the weight, the finish and overall appearance are top notch! Again, as stated before, it's just a shame they didn't take that one additional step or go that extra 10% and correct the tapering of the mandibles.

I'm not quite sure if simply installing a new visor will do it or if some additional light heat applied to the inside of that mandible will be required. I will keep a close look out for the first member to come up with a way of correcting this flaw.

In any regard, if this was "MASTER REPLICA'S" ride off into the Star Wars prop sunset, it was a pretty good one to go out on!

THX

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Heres a silly question, how is the circuit board secured into the helmet?

It almost looks like its cast into it, though thats not possible as it has crevices.

Desloc said: View Post
    In my eye the PP3 and Hero appear "almost" identical.
    Not sure how you can say that?? pictures show otherwise....IMO
    The Archives Exhibit at C4 100% confirmed that the hero, albeit through repairs etc etc, and the PP3 now have two completely different over all shapes, especially on the mandibles....
    Not saying they didn't come from the same mold, or are the same base helmet...just saying they're not Identical now.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

I agree 100%

I know they all came from the same mold...however after seeing the HERO in person at C4 they look like different helmets.

Basically what I am saying is when I look at the MR from about 3 feet which is the distance I was from the HERO they look NOTHING alike....its crazy to say that but its true.

Spideyfett said: View Post
    Not sure how you can say that?? pictures show otherwise....IMO
    The Archives Exhibit at C4 100% confirmed that the hero, albeit through repairs etc etc, and the PP3 now have two completely different over all shapes, especially on the mandibles....
    Not saying they didn't come from the same mold, or are the same base helmet...just saying they're not Identical now.

DarthMiller said: View Post
    I agree 100%

I know they all came from the same mold...however after seeing the HERO in person at C4 they look like different helmets.

Basically what I am saying is when I look at the MR from about 3 feet which is the distance I was from the HERO they look NOTHING alike....its crazy to say that but its true.
    Exactly, cause trust me, if they had used the HERO helmet I would have ordered THREE up front!! ............they're not the same...anymore.
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Jan 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM.

DarthMiller said: View Post
    I agree 100%

Hey, in the scheme of all this don't let your brain confuse the eyes (what I mean is your eyes aren't lying). The ESB was damaged and repaired so it is definitely although very slightly different. The backend cracked out and was repaired this repair caused the 1/8" or so increased flare out. It was repaired with epoxy putty and you can see it in some photos. Two out of 6 helmets produced were also vacuformed possibly for stunt use and those could actually appear larger as well. Also, the eyeslot cracks near the outward edge of each eye was caused by too much pressure exerted by the chinstrap and that is why they were removed.

I guess the easiest litmus test for actually determing the flare out is the more you flare it out the more stalk angle it creates if that makes sense. So if you are happy with the flare you create and not ok with the stalk angling inward then you have too much flare. Hope this makes sense and may put to rest how much flare is needed.

Back to the cave.

Lee
    Last edited by Rogue Studios; Jan 29, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Original trooper helmets were two piece vac-formed, and although from the same molds they all appear slightly different after assembly. I know its no basis for a comparison but hey

Rogue Studios said: View Post
    Hey, in the scheme of all this don't let your brain confuse the eyes (what I mean is your eyes aren't lying). The ESB was damaged and repaired so it is definitely although very slightly different. The backend cracked out and was repaired this repair caused the 1/8" or so increased flare out. It was repaired with epoxy putty and you can see it in some photos. Two out of 6 helmets produced were also vacuformed possibly for stunt use and those could actually appear larger as well. Also, the eyeslot cracks near the outward edge of each eye was caused by too much pressure exerted by the chinstrap and that is why they were removed.

I guess the easiest litmus test for actually determing the flare out is the more you flare it out the more stalk angle it creates if that makes sense. So if you are happy with the flare you create and not ok with the stalk angling inward then you have too much flare. Hope this makes sense and may put to rest how much flare is needed.

Back to the cave.
    Lee
    Thanks for clearing up some of the exact details of how different these two helmets really are.....which again just proves they are two different helmets now.

Question: was the damage done before or after the hero was used for ESB??

Last edited by Spideyfett; Jan 29, 2008 at 1:02 PM.