It's been a long time coming but my helmet sculpt is finally looking like a helmet. I could not have done this without TK409's Mystery Helmet measurements, Brak's photo library and the superb MLC "build a bucket from card tutorial" many thanks guys.
It is the same measurements as the Mystery (give or take a little!) with a few exceptions, I have made the vertical T-Visor slot 48mm wide all the way down, (not rarrowing towards the bottom) I have checked all my reference shots and it seems this way on all of them.
Hopefully the patches filler don't detract from the overall impression and shape of the helmet. I've decided to sculpt in the slight wave on the brow of the T-Visor area as seen on the movie used ESB bucket. On the front shot I have blacked out the T-Visor area so you can see this wave more clearly. I have also made sure that from the side view the front and back are vertically parallel, I'm convinced that the screen helmets are this way.
Please feel free to comment (good or bad) as all opinions will help in the final outcome.
I still need to put the keyslots in and the mole on the cheek... oh and loads more filling and sanding!!