Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

NEW DP 95 WIP

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: NEW DP 95 WIP

Wheres the jango fool, the DP has a More correct dome than the Budget does, the budget it very rounded where the Premium has the right dome piece

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Wheres the jango fool, the DP has a More correct dome than the Budget does, the budget it very rounded where the Premium has the right dome piece
    Shoot dawg..dont get all violent..seems to be in the tdh water lately. Ill get it tomorrow as i rushed to get that one. Is the asok fp cc the budget lid? And i believe deadland has the premium if im not mistaken? Wish chris would get bk to me as id like to purchase a few things from him? Anyways, ill get em side-by-side tomorrow so dont get ur sequined fett panties all wadded up!
    Last edited by dynamic1; Apr 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    USAF Utah

Oh lemme rephrase brother....u didnt catch my sarcasm. Im multi tasking, work and TDHing at the same time...

What happened to the Asok Jango lid you to busy painting that helmet to pull it off the shelf for pics (notice the wink for just kidding, as Ive had one its a wee little thing)

And Ill try and give him a nudge for you later when I get a chance to get on my Iphone. I dont wear panties, at least not durring the week, I mean ummmm....NM. Haha....keep up the good work Sir

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Oh lemme rephrase brother....u didnt catch my sarcasm. Im multi tasking, work and TDHing at the same time...

What happened to the Asok Jango lid you to busy painting that helmet to pull it off the shelf for pics (notice the wink for just kidding, as Ive had one its a wee little thing)

And Ill try and give him a nudge for you later when I get a chance to get on my Iphone. I dont wear panties, at least not durring the week, I mean ummmm....NM. Haha....keep up the good work Sir
    Lmao!!! No i gotcha man..i was busting your huevos as well(cheesy smile). That would be really awesome of you man as i know hes really slammed..just wanna get a time frame on a few things(pp ready). Ya, i was On my lunch break when i took the shot. Thanks for all of your insite as its very valued!

From
    USAF Utah

Since SWTOR is patching at my PRIME play time Ill hit the gym and then hit up Chris see if he saw ur PM and stuff...he has been on here alot more lately so maybe its just a matter of getting to it.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Had a split second to lay the silver on the dome this evening. If all goes well I will situate the stensils in the next few days. Heres a little snap shot to pass the time. Thanks guys.

From
    New South Wales, Australia

Loving ur thread Dynamic1!! cant wait to see it finished! my bobamaker helmet should be in my hands next month and i will definitely be referring to this and Jayvee's and others to help me along!! keep up the great work!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

hobbit057 said: View Post
    Loving ur thread Dynamic1!! cant wait to see it finished! my bobamaker helmet should be in my hands next month and i will definitely be referring to this and Jayvee's and others to help me along!! keep up the great work!
    Thanks hobbit! Im actually anxious myself to see how the DP looks painted up. I look forward to your paintup brother! Keep checking in as I welcome all of your feedback

From
    Galati, Romania

Your paint job looks really good, although I would love to see some higher resolution images (if you don't mind) just too see all the scratches closer.

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    RafalFett said: View Post
    Your paint job looks really good, although I would love to see some higher resolution images (if you don't mind) just too see all the scratches closer.
    Will do rafal- ill try to get some better pics soon! Thanks man

i have a beginners question for you, how did you transfer the stencils onto the helmet accurately?

as far as your paint job goes, it looks incredible.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

rosskow said: View Post
    i have a beginners question for you, how did you transfer the stencils onto the helmet accurately?

as far as your paint job goes, it looks incredible.
    Hey rosskow- Thanks buddy! In order to transfer the stencils you need to purchase carbon paper Easy Graphite Transfer Paper 18" x36" Roll*: paper*: scrapbooking*: *Shop | Joann.com. After prepping your helmet and sizing rafalfetts or rich d's (sorry if I have forgotten anyone) stencils you simply place the carbon paper between your lid and the stencil, trace w/ a sharp pencil and the image will then transfer to the helmet. There are many great turorials around here as well buddy. Hope this helps.

From
    Long Beach, CA

Coming along SUPERBLY!!!

dynamic1 said: View Post
    Hey rosskow- Thanks buddy! In order to transfer the stencils you need to purchase carbon paper Easy Graphite Transfer Paper 18" x36" Roll*: paper*: scrapbooking*: *Shop | Joann.com. After prepping your helmet and sizing rafalfetts or rich d's (sorry if I have forgotten anyone) stencils you simply place the carbon paper between your lid and the stencil, trace w/ a sharp pencil and the image will then transfer to the helmet. There are many great turorials around here as well buddy. Hope this helps.
    i couldn't ask for a better answer, thank you.

Looking nice, this may end up one of the nicest DP casts ever,

From
    Murrieta Ca.

BGHunter said: View Post
    Looking nice, this may end up one of the nicest DP casts ever,
    LOL..WOW BG..thanks brother! I have been watching the alteration of your mold as well...Looking phenominal!!!!! Phenominal eye for detail!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey guys- Need some help w/ this sizing. Does this look acurate? Its REALLY close as I look at it but wanted some outside thoughts as the scratch is a definate center piece
    Thanks

From
    USAF Utah

looks spot on to me

From
    Murrieta CA

See told you dude that sizing looks perfect. You have done a great job with this lid. Just imagine what you will do once you get a GMH or FP Premium. Hell maybe I will have you finish up mine!!

take a pic from front on with you holding it in the same spot,, but yeah looks right from this side,

(Cheers mate, )

From
    USAF Utah

Honestly till i read the question i didnt notice your fingers and thought it was painted on there.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Awesome! Thanks guys..gonna try and complete the dome this week.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Looking great brother! The cat scratch looks pretty spot on in that pic, but just to make sure, try taping your rangefinder ear on for reference, and check the reference pics to check the height of the scratch in relation to the top of the ear. If I remember correctly, I think the scratch is a touch higher than the ear. All looking very sweet my good man!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Jayvee said: View Post
    Looking great brother! The cat scratch looks pretty spot on in that pic, but just to make sure, try taping your rangefinder ear on for reference, and check the reference pics to check the height of the scratch in relation to the top of the ear. If I remember correctly, I think the scratch is a touch higher than the ear. All looking very sweet my good man!
    All great input guys...Thanks Jayvee, will do this evening!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Was able to lay some silver damage the last couple evenings..almost there guys