NEW DP 95 WIP

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Re: NEW DP 95 WIP

AAAAH MAN! deadland has a horrible story very similar! Ill let him tell it

From
    Murrieta CA

Looking good bro can't wait to see it in person.. Keep up the good work and you will be moving on to a GMH before you know it.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Looking great mate, really nice work so far. I found to get the sharpest detail possible, even though more time consuming, its worth removing a vast majority of the liquid mask between each layer, to see how each layer is coming out, and for lining the next layer up. But looks terrific overall bud, keep the pics coming! :-)

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Jayvee said: View Post
    Looking great mate, really nice work so far. I found to get the sharpest detail possible, even though more time consuming, its worth removing a vast majority of the liquid mask between each layer, to see how each layer is coming out, and for lining the next layer up. But looks terrific overall bud, keep the pics coming! :-)
    Thanks alot jayvee- Actually ive been studying both yours and deadlands threads quite a bit..your detail is amazing!!! I may end up doing this on my next lid. Thanks for the input as it is always welcome! Thank you again.
    B

From
    Murrieta Ca.

deadland said: View Post
    Looking good bro can't wait to see it in person.. Keep up the good work and you will be moving on to a GMH before you know it.
    Thanks man!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Youre welcome mate, and I hope it didnt come across as a negative, it was just a comment on what I found through trial and error, and there certainly aint much to be negative about as your lid is looking lovely brother!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

^^^ great advice on the ROTJ lids and the ESB lid Ive done I removed the masking in between...that way you can line up the details in between. But youve been doing a great job bro. Really need to get a couple lids so I can paint alot when I get home. This not having one to paint is frusterating. I have a ROTJ and ESB commission lined up but a personal helmet is alot more fun I think. Cause you can look at it when its done more than once. Your going to be very proud of yourself when its all done.

I found to get the sharpest detail possible, even though more time consuming, its worth removing a vast majority of the liquid mask between each layer
    That was going to be my comment too but you're doing a great job masking on top of mask. Maybe try this out on the cheeks to see if you like it? You can always do one layer and then continue with your current approach.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Thanks so much guys (Jayvee, Fett4 real and apolifka)!!! Yes i may do this as theres a bit less stenciling. Right now Im having some issues w/ the sizing on the cheeks..a bit difficult to get the exact dimensions. I have them fairly close so I may just stencil and adjust. I think the important thing is to get the damage to match up as far as dimension, then I can wriggle the piece to match..if that makes any sense. Thanks again guys and Ill be moving forward tomorrow.
    Last edited by dynamic1; Apr 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    ^^^ great advice on the ROTJ lids and the ESB lid Ive done I removed the masking in between...that way you can line up the details in between. But youve been doing a great job bro. Really need to get a couple lids so I can paint alot when I get home. This not having one to paint is frusterating. I have a ROTJ and ESB commission lined up but a personal helmet is alot more fun I think. Cause you can look at it when its done more than once. Your going to be very proud of yourself when its all done.
    Youll be hm soon man!!! Look forward to your paint-up!!! Thanks again

NEW DP 95 WIP

Do you wear a tank all day?! We should GTL lmao hahaha
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    Fettistics said: View Post
    Do you wear a tank all day?! We should GTL lmao hahaha
    Iiits T shiiirt tiiiiiime lmao!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Moving right along- I was able to lay the silver, sp and weathered black on the upper cheeks over the holiday. Although today is a long one I plan on beginning the lower this evening...as deadland says, "its never too late for fett".

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

This makes me want to repair my old Rubie's (my first helmet six or seven years ago...) and work on it!

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    KaanE said: View Post
    This makes me want to repair my old Rubie's (my first helmet six or seven years ago...) and work on it!
    You know kanne, having a couple of asoks fp lids upon recieving the DP it was evident that it wasnt the most acurate however, as i progress thru the paintup i am really quite pleased with it so far...i say go for it!

From
    Long Beach, CA

B - This thing looks AWESOME!! You have really developed your paint skills. Not to go off the subject.....

In regards to your Jango, have seen the thread where someone found a brand of shoe that looks pretty good for Jango; accurate soles and all. Search for the Buffalino Sentinel on that notorious auction site. Also...text me your new address one more time please. Keep up the great work!! You're gonna need a bigger room just for your helmets!!!

From
    Murrieta Ca.

OBrotherRacing said: View Post
    B - This thing looks AWESOME!! You have really developed your paint skills. Not to go off the subject.....

In regards to your Jango, have seen the thread where someone found a brand of shoe that looks pretty good for Jango; accurate soles and all. Search for the Buffalino Sentinel on that notorious auction site. Also...text me your new address one more time please. Keep up the great work!! You're gonna need a bigger room just for your helmets!!!
    Thanks dude! Ya, I figure after a couple more ill find my groove ..txt sent.

From
    Sydney, Downunder

Dude I have a real DP 96 green inside which I plan to paint up. but I always wonder how it compares to an Asok to see how inacurrate it is compared to the others, I thought the DP96 was molded from a real production helmet.

would you be able to put up some picks of both helmets side by side to see the differences.

cheers.

pablo.

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    archtk said: View Post
    Dude I have a real DP 96 green inside which I plan to paint up. but I always wonder how it compares to an Asok to see how inacurrate it is compared to the others, I thought the DP96 was molded from a real production helmet.

would you be able to put up some picks of both helmets side by side to see the differences.

cheers.

pablo.
    Hey pablo- absolutley...ill try and put the 2 together in the next few days.
    B

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Well an Asok helmet (Jango) would be comparable, the FP Budget is larger than the GMH Slightly which is movie accurate in size the DP had some shrinkage but it is also smaller then the FP budget

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Well an Asok helmet (Jango) would be comparable, the FP Budget is larger than the GMH Slightly which is movie accurate in size the DP had some shrinkage but it is also smaller then the FP budget
    Great info Fett...ill take a pic w/ all 3 next to each other...the asok jango, FP asok cc and the DP 95.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

cheers.

pablo.
    Hey Pablo- Here
    is the Asok FP cc and the DP 95 next to each other. The DP's dome is much different and obviously a smaller lid.

Last edited by dynamic1; Apr 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Almost finished guys..LOL ya right. Was able to complete the cheeks! I plan on sizing the dome damage this weekend and begin my journey to the dent. Comments are always welcome.
    Thanks

From
    Sydney, Downunder

Wow! very interesting that's a lot smaller

I didn't think there was so much difference.

It looks like boba adult vs boba kiddy.

Since I have a DP96 I guess I'll paint it up anyway and see how it looks on me, I guess its all on body & costume proportions to get a good look.

Thanks for that B

Cheers.

Pablo

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    Wow! very interesting that's a lot smaller

I didn't think there was so much difference.

It looks like boba adult vs boba kiddy.

Since I have a DP96 I guess I'll paint it up anyway and see how it looks on me, I guess its all on body & costume proportions to get a good look.

Thanks for that B

Cheers.

Pablo
    Ya..lol, anytime..if nothing else i figure if we upgrade its a nice piece of fett history or we sale to a fem fett lol.
    Last edited by dynamic1; Apr 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM.