Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mystery Helmet Kit- ANNOUNCEMENT last post.

Re: My Mystery Helmet Kit- 2 MORE READY!

My helmet is officially finished (well, needs back circuit board and padding) and I will have access to an awesome digital cam tonight. I'll post pics of my ROTJ SgtFang helmet tonight. It's by far my favorite helmet sculpt that I've owned

From
    Palatine, IL

I just felt the need to add a Sarge endorsement. I got my helmet from him a couple of weeks ago and it's a beaut! There will be way less prep that needs to be done before painting than with fiberglass helmets I've done in the past. Problem is I do all of my work in my garage, and at's been a tad cold in there lately. Painting will have to wait until a spring thaw. Now, if I could only get my hands on an aluminum rangefinder, I'll be set!

I just got my helmet today, and I gotta say it is awesome. I am SOOO glad I was able to get one. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, I say just do it. I can't wait to get started on the painting! Thanks Sarge!

SgtFang

Hey, thanks for the kudos guys! I don't think I would have made it through the Winter without your help!

Right now, I'm one helmet kit away from being caught up with everyone and I should be able to do a couple more next week.

Also, here's FINALLY a shot of my personal ESB Helmet-

It still needs it's RF installed, and the kill stripes put on the side, but I'm pretty happy with it so far!

-Sarge

Oh- one more thing, does anyone know the name of the Cantina alien in the background? Thanks!

Looks great so far, Sarge!

According to Chronicles, that alien was one of the new ones created for the Holiday Special. They do not have him listed as one of the regular Cantina Aliens. There's a shot of him on pg. 127 in Chronicles.

From
    Beattyville, KY

That ESB helmet looks awesome Sarge. Do you sculpt everything, man thats a nice collection of busts you've got there.

SgtFang

TK-Fett wrote:

That ESB helmet looks awesome Sarge. Do you sculpt everything, man thats a nice collection of busts you've got there.
    Thanks man, I sculpt a few things, but the little, grinning bigfoot bust behind the right shoulder, is the only one of mine in the pic- all the other stuff is my partner Phil's work.

-Sarge

From
    Adrian,MI

Is mine the kit you have left?

SgtFang

DARTH WOLFE wrote:

Is mine the kit you have left?
    Sorry for taking so long to get back, I was glued to the TV most of the night. Yeah, it's the only one left and I'll be doing it tonight if I can find a cheap babysitter.

-Sarge

From
    Michigan

That's a pretty sweet helmet to get, Scott!
    I'm still poor and using my DP '95.

From
    Adrian,MI

Thats why i love Ebay! Sell, sell, sell, buy, buy, buy. I have so much stuff sitting around i'll never be able to get rid of it all. In fact i bought a special edition Star Wars pinball machine by selling stuff. I can't wait to get the helmet. I just finished painting my other one and will sell it when i finish the one i get from sarge. I also almost finished my manikin by using DCB's tutorial. I just have to make the hands. I would post pics on here but they are too big for the link to put on here and i don't know how to compress them or make them smaller.

From
    Michigan

I have a pvc mannequin as well, but I changed some angles of the pipes in DCB's tutorial, so now he's leaning forward a bit, more in a "low ready" stance.

SgtFang

Hey guys, I just want to announce that I'll be out of the loop for a couple days- my modem got blasted in a storm about an hour after I made the last post.

I'm here at the shop now, so I'm trying to get e-mails and stuff squared away and get a couple addresses from my paypal account.

With luck, everything will be going out Monday.

-Sarge

From
    Puerto Rico

Re: Mystery Helmet Kit- ANNOUNCEMENT last post.

Nice bucket Sarge, hope you got my PM's

From
    Milford, Ct

I sent a couple of PM's too Sarge. Let me know if you recieved them or not. Thanks.

SgtFang

Ok, got my new modem installed, I think I'm caught up on all my communications, and will be starting a few more helmets tomorrow. I have visors here for two kits right now, and will be ordering more as soon as one kit sells.

Thanks!

-Sarge

Wow! That's one hell of a bucket. I want one

PM sent