Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mystery Helmet Kit- ANNOUNCEMENT last post.

SgtFang

Mystery Helmet Kit- ANNOUNCEMENT last post.

A few people have asked me about this, so here's a pic of the the first one done up as Jango, and another of the part layout.

I'm making one as my ESB Boba right now, I'll post pics when possible!

PM me with any questions

-Sarge

Re: My Mystery Helmet Kit

I don't know about the first one done as Jango Sarge.... Maybe it is.....

Here's mine, this is a great helmet.

Lynn

SgtFang

Hey Lynn, I don't know if this ever came up before, but yours is exactly the same one in the "parts" pic!

-Sarge

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

Nice colors on that one Sgt.

Hey Mirax, you ever get your Jango helmet up and running??

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

ShawnPayne is working on it while I make his wife a Slave Leia costume (well, probably more for him )

SgtFang

Thanks guys, I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of selling a few of these to help out with the holiday expenses. I won't be doing many of these, because I don't want to get on Rubies radar, so this might be your only chance to get one.

PM me for details

-Sarge

Kr0nk

Is that Resin?

SgtFang

Kr0nk wrote:

Is that Resin?
    Yeah, for some reason, I've never been able to get gelcoat to cure in the mold right. It's good stuff though- it's the same stuff used by the Star Trek prop shop and has a nice strength and flex to it. The finished helmets are comparable to the DP CAs as far as strength goes.

-Sarge

Helmet looks really sweet man! Would love to see it in ESB colors if you happen to have any pics!

SgtFang wrote:

Hey Lynn, I don't know if this ever came up before, but yours is exactly the same one in the "parts" pic!

-Sarge
    I thought it was, it matched the resin drip and chipped visor front exactly....

Sarge.... what color blue did you use for around the visor????

SgtFang

Secol wrote:
    Quote:red x for me no pics .... and a Q? where you get those Mystery Helmet ... ebay ... a web site where?
    Try cutting and pasting in the URLs and see if it works. The mystery helmet is all mine. I make them myself.

To recap:
    Roughly 3 years ago, I bought a rough, primered, fiberglass Fett casting off eBay from a "KBoyette". At the time, the price was right, I knew I could make it nice, and it looked good.
    I just took for granted that it was probably a DP Deluxe recast, but as I set about cleaning it up, and started having to really look at the details to repair them right, I started noticing more and more discrepancies-
    The DP visor was shortened by roughly a 1/2" on either side; Mine went all the way back.

The DP's had pre-done battle damage- scratches, bumps etc. Mine, while rough, had no real pattern to it's texture, and was more indicative to me of a well used mold that's surface was nearly worn out, rather than deliberate damage.
    Also, it was noticeably larger than any of the other Fetts I'd seen.

Finally, around January or February last year, something in me ganged up and said "ASK AROUND about this thing", so I posted a thread on the RPF called "Sarge's "Mystery Helmet", asking people what they thought it was. After a week or so of debating, someone, who's probably forgotten more about SW armor than I'll ever know, posted that he knew what it was, and that my original was one of 10 bootleg copies that were made by Don Post employees while they had an original film used helmet in their possesion for laser scanning. This was for the development of the DP Deluxe Boba.
    I was amazed to hear this, and of course patted myself on the back for having a good eye.- When I bid on the auction, I had no idea what it was, I just remember looking at the pics and thinking "Yeah, I like the proportions on this one- it LOOKS like Boba!"

So anyway, when this all came to light, I was in the middle of getting ready to mold the helmet anyway for a group costuming effort- Me and a few other guys were planning to do a group of custom Mandalorians for CEL 2.
    The aforementioned authority on the helmets lineage, got ahold of me in the meantime, and he was so certain of it's origin, that he offered me $500.00 for the first KIT out of the mold! That was good enough for me, and I started referring to them as 2nd gen copies of a film used helmet.

So, like I said earlier, I don't really want to do many of these, for worry of drawing Rubies unwelcome attention, but Christmas Season is upon us and ol' Sarge needs some shopping money! This will probably be your best chance to get one of these- if I ever offer them again, it will probably only be to select people, that I'm on a first name basis with.

-Sarge

SgtFang

Quote:
    I thought it was, it matched the resin drip and chipped visor front exactly....

Sarge.... what color blue did you use for around the visor????
    The "light blue" was Ford Engine Blue, (HAD to get that in there SOMEWHERE) the "Dark Blue",
    I'll have to look up again- I do remember misting black over it though.

-Sarge

Thanks Sarge!! I "may" just have to repaint mine now.....
    Lynn

From
    on the country whit name of chili(aji in spanish)

SgtFang wrote:

Try cutting and pasting in the URLs and see if it works. The mystery helmet is all mine. I make them myself.
    thanks, it was the firewall on my job
    and about the helmet nice very nice but (my wallet's a little empty)

The Dark Fett

Personally I think Sarges Helm so far is the Most accurate Helm I've seen great job...

SgtFang

Ok, Propane is eating us alive, so I have two helmet kits ready to go out within 3 days of recieving payment.
    The price has dropped to an even $200.00, but you have to supply your own RF stalk from RA or BKBT.

You still get:

Full size and authentic Helmet shell
    all earpieces
    RF top
    Dark green welding visor.

See my earlier posts for a more detailed description, lineage of the kit, and photos.

Thanks!

-Sarge

From
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: My Mystery Helmet Kit- 2 MORE READY!

PM'ed you Sarge!!
    LMK, thanks, shunned

PM sent!

Ego

PM Sent

formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    From
    Hoth wisconsin

if you haven,t sold both of these let me know of course boba not jango if you have please let me know when you get another boba made thanks much

slave1117a wrote:

if you haven,t sold both of these let me know of course boba not jango if you have please let me know when you get another boba made thanks much
    Slave1117a, he only has Boba, the Jango is made from the Boba like I did with mine.
    Lynn

From
    East Coast, Singapore

Sarge, you got PM.

O. F. Fett

PM Sent.

I have to say, these helmets are awesome. Absolutly perfect for ROTJ, I recommend Sarge to anyone. Will post pics of mine in a week or two when I'm done painting.