MY MARROW SUN FETT INTERIOR

MY MARROW SUN FETT INTERIOR

Here is the interior lay out for my fett helmet. It is just a dry run. I will glue them down after it is painted. Thoughts and critics would be appreciated from the board.
    Oh, and a pic of my two buddies, Kodiack and Napoleon.

Sorry, I thought I had figured out how to post pics. I guess I was wrong.

Here is a link to photobucket.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ewbucketstrips
    Last edited by td0488; Aug 9, 2006 at 10:43 PM.

Re: MY MARROW SUN FETT INTERIOR

I WANT ONE!!!
    Great stuff RAL!!...and nice doggie..

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

I have seen this before, I belive its based off of the minature Riddel helmets? Anyway, ALONG time ago, I saw someone on the board had made molds, and was casting the interior pieces out of rubber, and was offerng to sell them. I honestly would like to get those pieces for my helm. The pictures I saw, he painted them based of of what Jango's interior might look like. Man, great addition to an amazing helm.

-tubachris

You are correct, they are from a run that Marrow Sun made along time ago. I still need to paint them. I tried pens and felt tips and neither of them worked. If someone knows how to paint them and still maintain their comfort, I'd love to hear what you used. I used the insides of two different hockey helmets to finish it out. I am going to try some boards of some kind to put on the front cheeks.

Next I need a super paint job. I may try it or give someone on the board a ring on it.

Thanks for your input.

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Is it soft rubber? Because Im trying to get a comfortbility idea of it. REALISTICALLY, wearing a helmet for battle with little things poking the back of my neck like the leeches in a canadian bogg, dont seem that comfortable...but it looks cool anyways.
    I dont know the sureface texture, but is it just too smooth to apply paint? I mean, I never really knew how you can paint rubber, perhaps some kind of spray paint might work, but it'd be a pain in the ***** to get the little details.

-tubachris
    (who thought it was pain to tape off the curves of the cheeks...heavn forbid I try to do a whole suit, then ya'll would be hearing me alot more)

It is very soft and comfortable. The hockey helmet parts in the top are awesome as well.

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Hmm..I wonder if he will ever be making more of those molds. Im always into having the littlis of details added to make it as "real" as possible, so it would keep the SW affect inside and out. Im one of those people where if I ever go to like a comic shop, or marvel island at universal, where they have like full scale replicas of say for instance, like Cyclops's visor, I wont just look at the outside, I'll try and peer to look at the inside, to see if it keeps with the illusion of what its representing. Thats just me though.

-tubachris

From
    Massachusetts

It wasn't a long time ago... it was earlier this year. PM Marrow Sun and see if he has any intentions of making more.

From
    New Orleans

Thats nice! Any chance of some kits?

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

webchief said: View Post
    It wasn't a long time ago... it was earlier this year. PM Marrow Sun and see if he has any intentions of making more.
    My bad, twas a slow year for me, so seemed along time ago
    -tubachris

i had some of those... but the kit and my head couldn't play nice together inside the helmet, so i had to let them go.

From
    East Bay Area, California

I'm doing the same thing... sort of. I too have the MS interior kit. I painted it using the small tubes of paint that you can get at like Michael's! I also used Testors Model paint. Seems to hold up rather well too.

As for the rest of the helmet, I didn't want the fiberglass to rub up against my skin so I went to Wal-Mart and found some felt that has an Alagator leather pattern stamped on it. It looks pretty cool and ran about $.42 per swatch... I'll just hot glue that all in when my helmet's completely painted and assembled.

td0488 said: View Post
    You are correct, they are from a run that Marrow Sun made along time ago. I still need to paint them. I tried pens and felt tips and neither of them worked. If someone knows how to paint them and still maintain their comfort, I'd love to hear what you used. I used the insides of two different hockey helmets to finish it out. I am going to try some boards of some kind to put on the front cheeks.

Next I need a super paint job. I may try it or give someone on the board a ring on it.

Thanks for your input.