So far i have disassembled the hasbro removed the visor cut out the grill work mask and cut the eyeslit down to make it more authentic. The pics of it rebuilt are just a practice run with tape to try and get the look right. Still needs some tweaking! I put sintra sheets in the cheeks. Man that thing is a total b@$!4rd to pull apart! Loads of hidden screws! Also had a go at adjusting th RF so it goes down at a right angle instead of where it usually sits so it wont inhibit vision. Still needs tweaking an adjusting but im getting there
very cool, i was wondering if this could be done...
The Hasbro is a good bit bigger than the movie sized one, but they're a cheaper and easier place to start than Rubies. I picked one up (missing rangefinder) at Goodwill last week for $2. On the shelf with my Rubies mod and Mystery Helmet, the Mystery Helmet (closest to movie size) is almost exactly halfway between the other two size-wise.
ok so its been a while......but heres an update! i have bought my self a dremmel type tool and wouldnt know where id be without it so.....next steps glued visor up wasnt happy with the shape of the eye slit so modded that a wee bit too! used some epoxy putty to extend out the cheeks and mandibles then bondo the lot sand and prime to identify what imperfections need to be back filled and re-sanded! man i just wanna get on and paint this thing! also a bit worried about sourcing a visor. down here they are really expensive! like $50 which is more than what i paid for the helmet! im wanting to do a budget job! if i wanted to spend $250 on a bucket id have just bought one off here! any recomendations from you guys would be amazing! also feed back would be nice to cheers!
haha last pic looks like super trooper bucket!
Looks great bud!!!
looking good, the hard work is paying off
Great job.Makes me want to experiment with mine.
looking really good
Its looking good, but I must say that the under cheeks do look a little long, making the whole front look too long.
Very very cool! Nice work at a reasonable cost.
By all means it is your bucket, and a remarkable job you've done so far, but if I may make a suggestion, by simply trimming the lower cheeks at a different angle may help, but Im not sure how much more progress you;ve made. I've drawn some lines to suggest a less steep angle for you.
Keep going, I look forward to seeing you finish it up *thumbs up*
Either way I look forward to seeing how it turns out good luck buddy.
hey guys next phase bin doing this only on the weekends when time allows thru work so thats whys this is taking so log but definately making progress. thanks to armydads advice i cut the front down and it looks sooo much better!(thanx armydad!) next was a million hours of sanding back filling and priming to make sure its nice and smooth then an undercoat of silver and maked off the areas that had the most damage. shot over with green then did visor and upper cheeks. masking ripped off some paint on lower left cheek so was pretty gutted when that happened!(arrggghh!) so touch ups later. next step will be more detailed damage and weathering the back of the bucket and keyholes and then hopefully finish! uen in for next months episode ......haha
Glad I could help, and I must say its looking much better, I did a mod of this helmet for halloween before getting my latest kit, but I must say you have taken it to a whole other level, congrats! Now take your time and paint it up right and you'll have a hell of a bucket.
thanx mate i know this will never be movie accurate but im gunna try n get it as close as i can
Very well done. I did my sons last year for
his fett costume. I had to shrink it down.
next step almost finished the visor need some weathering to dull it down a bit the lighting makes it look much more green than it actually is but hey pics arent always acurate represntations! have to touch up the kill stripes work some more on the dome and do the back but its starting to shape up nicely i think!