Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first WIP post.. ESB bucket! :D

From
    Tatooine

My first WIP post.. ESB bucket! :D

First I would like to thank Rafal Fett for his wonderful stencils & terminal fettler for the Inspiration. To TDH..I love you guys!

This is my first post here on TDH regarding my build.. I only had the courage to put it up while I was drunk!

Now the helmet still needs the killstripes.. & I've decided to hand paint the dark purple & base metal on the visor/trim. I still have a TON of superdetailing to do.. So I hope it's up to par ;D

Any comments & suggestions are welcome of course!

Thanks for looking!

From
    Brisbane, Australia

Re: My first WIP post.. ESB bucket! :D

looking good mate...i was going to start painting mine today but rain so trimmed up all my armour instead

From
    Jundland Waste

Very nice!

Good looking bucket

From
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

your being pretty modest mate, I'm new on the boards, and haven't seen heaps of other buckets, but i think this stands up to the buckets that people get sent away for painting, really top effort!

From
    Corbin, Ky

Looks FANTASTIC!!!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Lovely work my friend, two big thumbs up! :-)

From
    Tatooine

Wow, Thanks a lot guys! Really glad you liked it!

I just thought i'd follow the stencils & work on it.. It's not a 100% accurate of course.. But it'll do!

Affo$ thanks a lot! Your paint list really helped me out, as well as stormtrooperguys colors.

From
    Tatooine

ThePhantom said: View Post
    looking good mate...i was going to start painting mine today but rain so trimmed up all my armour instead
    I Hate it when that happens to me! It's like it rains when I have a day off for painting! ;D

From
    Galati, Romania

Now that is one crazy helmet! Altough it looks naked without that dark maroon (I don't see it dark purple) and the killstripes, you did an excellent job on this! Keep up the good work! You are awesome!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

very nice for first time!

From
    New York City

Wow! Sweet bucket. Mine is sitting here unpainted while I do the other armor first. BUt, this is very inspiring. Keep up the good work.

From
    Tatooine

Rafal, I really don't know what to say, coming from a veteran fett It really means a lot!!!

To F4R, thanks for the support & help since the first day of my endless inquiries!

RF13- Thanks bro!! Enjoy building The Fett! It's a once in a lifetime experience! At least for the most of us ;D

From
    Lewis Center, OH

Luis, be very proud of that paint job! It looks amazing!

2 questions: Is that a Mystery Helmet? What color did you use for the dome? It looks great!

From
    Tatooine
    Thanks DV!

I totally forgot to post the details for the bucket! Doh!

First off its a Sgt Fang bucket I got from a friend a year ago.
    All the ear assemblies are from Asok in cold cast with the aluminum rf stalk.the rf was molded in clear resin.

The paint on the dome is Rustoleum spruce green
    I tried using tamiya field green on a spare helmet & i have to say its a pretty close match.

The visor red color is claret wine with tamiya german grey behind it to make the wine a bit darker. ;D I was really happy how on how the colors came out. Cant wait to finish the jetpack!

From
    Tatooine
    @RafalFett

I printed out your stencils on tracing paper with the A4 setting & the stencils fit my bucket at about a 90% accuracy. I just had to extend a few patterns if the stencil didnt fit. But overall it was perfect!

From
    Lewis Center, OH

Very nice!! I just purchased a Fang myself, so I hope it looks this good when I get it finished!

From
    Murrieta CA

Wow Luis you did a great job and you should be very proud of it!!! You did a fantastic job and the fact that it is a rattle can job and it turned out that good is amazing. There has been so many times that a rattle can job just does not come out looking right but you my friend have killed it.

From
    Lewis Center, OH

deadland said: View Post
    Wow Luis you did a great job and you should be very proud of it!!! You did a fantastic job and the fact that it is a rattle can job and it turned out that good is amazing. There has been so many times that a rattle can job just does not come out looking right but you my friend have killed it.
    Agreed I am shocked at how true and perfect the spruce green looks in these photos. Usually it is considerably darker.

From
    Galati, Romania

Luis said: View Post
    @RafalFett

I printed out your stencils on tracing paper with the A4 setting & the stencils fit my bucket at about a 90% accuracy. I just had to extend a few patterns if the stencil didnt fit. But overall it was perfect!
    I'm glad it served you well! As I said before, you did (and do) an amazing paint job.

But there is something you (and everyone else) should know: I'm in the process of redoing the ESB stencils (and correcting others) from the ground. This is mostly because those stencils were the first I did and wasn't perfect. My goal is to do an in-time-of-filming state helmet stencils and except the dome, all the stencils are done. So, in a few days I will post the finished stencils.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Nov 28, 2011 at 1:11 AM.

From
    Tatooine

deadland said: View Post
    deadland are you from FISD as well? Thanks a lot bro.. The rattle cans are indeed very troublesome and difficult to use.. First I was really concerned about pooling.. The rustoleum brand I got had a x2 spray thickness & I was very apprehensive using it..

I considered syphoning off the paint & loading it unto an airbrush.. But thought i'd test it out first.. when I got the feel of the spray can, I just used multiple layers of light misting.. The dome for example took me about 10 light layers.. as compared to three heavy ones.

As for the color of the spray can, I can really see the likeness on the movie buckets, some might argue, but at least it's close. I just shot these photos with a 7.1MP point and shoot camera under the sun. As I look at the bucket now under my room light, it's darker. I guess it's really hard to accurately pinpoint paint used on the films as supposed to just photos.

Agreed I am shocked at how true and perfect the spruce green looks in these photos. Usually it is considerably darker.
    Thanks DV! I'm really overwhelmed right now with all the positive posts! ;D

Anyway here is a shot of the helmet dome with just the lighting in my room.

I'm in the process of redoing the ESB stencils (and correcting others) from the ground.
    NOOooooooo!

From
    Galati, Romania

Most of the changes are reffering to a more detailed scratch scheme, while portions were removed (especially the light gray and some fine scratches) or corrected. As I said, I redo it from zero, not because the actual stencils are not good, but because it's not perfect and for me it was easier (a complex operation described with too much ease) to do it all over again.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

First time? HOLY ****!!!

That is one awesome paintjob! Congrats! I also like the Rustoleum Spruce Green you used. I think I used that on my first helmet (Bradley Fett ABS helmet). I will look into that color when I repaint. Anyway... Great job!!!

From
    Tatooine

clonecollector said: View Post
    First time? HOLY ****!!!

That is one awesome paintjob! Congrats! I also like the Rustoleum Spruce Green you used. I think I used that on my first helmet (Bradley Fett ABS helmet). I will look into that color when I repaint. Anyway... Great job!!!
    Thanks a LOT clonecollector! another veteran fett post!

From
    Eastern Canada

killer job keep up the good work

From
    Tatooine

What do you guys think? The Rust Spruce green is a pretty close match out of the box right? Thanks to aff0$ paint list!