Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 7, 2013, 12:07 AM - My first run at Mando Armor... #1

Hey.. So I've been lurking about here for a while.. learning bits and pieces about how to put together my very own set of armor. I've emailed and am on a waiting list with Asok (who does some phenomenal work..) for a bucket, and while waiting.. started in on my own gear..

I don't know how anyone feels about the EVA foam, but that's what I started out with... I've seen the 5mm acrylic work, and would love to know more about it, because I may remake this thing from scratch. I'm worried sick about doing it right the first time.

and it's getting formed...

...to look like this...

So yeah... not exactly Boba or Jango Fett... but my own little creation...
    Any advice would be very appreciated and accepted

2. Jun 7, 2013, 2:40 AM - Re: My first run at Mando Armor... #2

Doesn't look too bad I must say. I experimented with that resin technique on some different foams to see what would happen. Works a treat. I haven't used it for any Boba parts but the Mjolnir (Thor's hammer) I started making looks pretty good. Two suggestions I'll add. First I believe you have posted this in the helmet thread instead of the armour one. I believe a moderator might move it for you so no biggy. Secondly Im the 5mm acrylic guy so feel free to ask me anything on my thread. And good luck with your custom build!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 8, 2013, 1:45 AM - Re: My first run at Mando Armor... #3

Awesome... I think I might have been a bit hasty in posting up my stuff.. my bad..

But yes. I will definitely be asking questions on how you went about the acrylic board...