Subscribe
  1. Sep 22, 2010, 4:35 AM - My first helmet WIP #1

This is my very first costume build of any kind. I made my helmet from WOF plans using cardboard, resin, wood and plastic.Not much but I'm pretty proud of it. I am doing the whole costume, and am finishing up the final touches for Halloween.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mybobahelmet-jpg  
    Sep 22, 2010, 5:27 AM - Re: My first helmet WIP #2

wow that looks great, good job.
    Sep 22, 2010, 8:29 AM - Re: My first helmet WIP #3

yeah, that looks pretty sweet. is the jetpack in the background card aswell because that looks awesome too!
  4. Sep 23, 2010, 12:13 AM - Re: My first helmet WIP #4

Yeah, the jetpack main body is cardboard and resin, and the rocket/grappling hook is cardstock and resin. I'm probably going to make another jetpack because I think I could do much better now.
    Sep 23, 2010, 1:56 AM - Re: My first helmet WIP #5

Get some photos posted dude
    Oct 5, 2010, 6:22 PM - Re: My first helmet WIP #6

I can't wait to see your jetpack. Nice work.
  7. Oct 11, 2010, 12:36 AM - Re: My first helmet WIP #7

still working on the jetpack,I have to paint the thrusters and attach them, and I am currently making the harness to support the rear armor/jetpack while wearing it. I also made my own rocket so I have something on it for halloween, it's not accurate but it'll do for now. I'm also repainting my chest armor using the same weathering technique I used on the helmet and gauntlets. This project has been way more work than I ever would have thought when I started, but I have learned so much. Thanks for all of your comments !
  8. Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 PM - Re: My first helmet WIP #8

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much, I was going over some of my past posts and realized I never posted proper pictures of my builds, so here I go. I realize my stuff is nowhere near screen accurate, but as my skill progresses I am getting better with that!

First was the base helmet made from WOF templates, which were a huge help ! I got started from finding the Honus instructable and went from there on my own.
    32548_1437565411824_1013665901_1272188_5285079_n-jpg

Pardon my lack of pics, I lost alot of build pics in a hard drive crash. I coated the helmet inside and out with resin and smoothed out the dome with bondo. I used a floral bucket for the red faceplate, it was thin, smooth, and had a natural curve. The visor was the clear plastic sheet from a poster frame annd coated with the darkest window tint I could get.
    after assmbly was done it was time for paint. I started with a basecoat of "chrome".

imag0414-jpg

I then used liquid car wax applied with an art brush between coats of the chrome, red, blue, and green to mask off battle damage so it has a real layered paint look in the scratches and scrapes.
    imag0435-jpg

The "ears" were made from wood and the rangfinder from a pep file, and flips up and down as it should. Again, I wish I had more pics of the build but they were lost forever in a hard drive failure