here is the finished product. except for trimming the visor on the bottom. i had a real hard time getting that thing in there right. it isn't flush with the helmet in all places, but it will do for now. i used an old motocross helmet liner for the helmet and velcroed it in there (pics before i washed it and put the visor in). it fits nice and snug and quite comfy too. for the weathering i used pencil. i covered a sheet of paper with pencil rubbings, rubbed a paper towel on it with my finger and then onto the helmet. it gives it a good soft feel that i am very happy with. and, it really dulled out the yellow i used on the back of the helmet. so, here it is, my first helmet!