Here's my Fiberglass Bucket-in-progress.
This was a VERY warped 95 or 96 DP casting I got off ebay. Looks pretty enough, but I had to do some MAJOR work on it, to get it presentable. First off, the cheeks were unacceptable. If you look at a couple pics, you can see just how WARPED they were. Plus the whole thing was 1/4 to 1/2" thick in any given area.
I made entirely new cheeks on a cookie sheet, using the bottom sides as the OUTsides. I also added a half to 3/4" of length to the bottom, and also cut out + moved the rear detail out 1/4".
Please don't make fun of my "fiberglassing". This was my first time. And like any model I putty up, it's really more of a sculpting job than a "filler" job.
Here, you can see the before-to-after pic, and some in between. I thought I took a pic of the enlarged earpieces, with my metal stalk, taped on, but that must still be in the camera.
The final measurements, without earpieces, are roughly 10x10x12.
[EDIT]: Pics removed- Mandaloriancostuming painted it for me, and that one's better.