Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Dec 13, 2006, 1:31 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #26

    Quote hellopike said: View Post
    Hey, I have a question for Terminal Fettler and anyone else with a TF bucket- Do the T-visors that the ebay seller rembrant studios make fit these helmets? I gotta get a visor and the t-visors seem like they have too much curve in them... do they bend at all to fit the curve of the front of the helmet? I'd rather get one of those than cut a piece of acryllic just because I want this to look nice inside and out- no rough edges, you know?

    thanks

    Phil
    I would give these a try, if the curve is marginally too tight/shallow, there is a slight amount of flex in 3mm acrylic which should allow it to fit. As the T-visor should be over sized to the T-slot, you should be able to adjust for any discrepencies...
  2. Clan_Skirata's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    180
    Dec 13, 2006, 1:51 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #27

    That there is a beautiful piece of equipment you got there! how heavy is it? Also what paint job are you going for? ?
  3. Tuskeny21's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    170
    Dec 13, 2006, 8:50 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #28

    I've gotta hand it to you - I wouldn't have the heart to paint that helmet.

    I think it's awesome just the way it is.
  4. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Dec 13, 2006, 9:36 PM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #29

    NICE! I just remembered how much I want one.
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    Dec 13, 2006, 10:22 PM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #30

    Quote hellopike said: View Post
    Hey, I have a question for Terminal Fettler and anyone else with a TF bucket- Do the T-visors that the ebay seller rembrant studios make fit these helmets? I gotta get a visor and the t-visors seem like they have too much curve in them... do they bend at all to fit the curve of the front of the helmet? I'd rather get one of those than cut a piece of acryllic just because I want this to look nice inside and out- no rough edges, you know?

    thanks

    Phil
    I would go with bobamaker t's or t-visor.com.
  6. hellopike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    Dec 13, 2006, 10:24 PM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #31

    Well, I ordered a T-visor- the extended should do the trick I hope. i'll let everyone know after christmas how it comes out. The helmet weighs in at nearly 2 lbs., 1.8 to be exact... I'll be doing a preproduction version 2 paint scheme on it, and while I do agree that its awesome looking now I think it'll be even nicer painted up. I have a DP '96 coming in the mail too that'll functino as my test helmet initially so I get get alittle experience painting and weathering a helmet.

    phil
  7. hellopike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    Dec 17, 2006, 9:04 PM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #32

    Well, I got the t-visor in today and I sized it up- the curve is alittle too tight for the curve in the helmet and the asymmetry in the mandibles makes the bottom alittle off... But I can bend the visor to make it fit, and I might need to cut about a quarter inch off of the sides of the top of the "T" and if a manipulate the mandibles when I glue it on it shouldn't be much of a problem.

    Also, when I attach the visor, should I go with Hot gluegun glue? I temporarily mounted it with hot glue and it was in there good and solid, but will it hold up in the long run? Any insights?

    Phil
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89
    Dec 17, 2006, 11:21 PM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #33

    If it is going to be sitting on a shelf as a display, hot glue is fine...it's what I used on my DP95. If you are going to troop in it, especially outside on a hot day, guess what happens to the hot glue? Yep...a nasty melty mess. I've heard plumbers Goop recommended by several members of this board and other forums, and I recently tried it out modding my Scout bucket and I can vouch for it....strong stuff and won't melt when it gets hot. the only downside is it takes longer to set (24 hours recommended) whereas hot glue takes only as long as the glue needs to cool. So I think on my next Fett bucket I will tack the visor in place with hot glue (I use the high temp stuff btw) and use the Goop to actually secure it.

    -rocky b
  9. Dec 18, 2006, 4:56 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #34

    Quote hellopike said: View Post
    Well, I got the t-visor in today and I sized it up- the curve is alittle too tight for the curve in the helmet and the asymmetry in the mandibles makes the bottom alittle off... But I can bend the visor to make it fit, and I might need to cut about a quarter inch off of the sides of the top of the "T" and if a manipulate the mandibles when I glue it on it shouldn't be much of a problem.

    Also, when I attach the visor, should I go with Hot gluegun glue? I temporarily mounted it with hot glue and it was in there good and solid, but will it hold up in the long run? Any insights?

    Phil
    I would glue the L/H side of the visor in first (as you're looking at the helmet), you can then adjust the R/H side mandible the couple of mm needed to match the left side, this worked perfectly with my helmet...
  10. hellopike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    Dec 18, 2006, 7:30 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #35

    Quote terminal fettler said: View Post
    I would glue the L/H side of the visor in first (as you're looking at the helmet), you can then adjust the R/H side mandible the couple of mm needed to match the left side, this worked perfectly with my helmet...

    I'll bear that in mind TF, what did you secure your helmet with? I was thinking hot glue just in case something went wrong and I needed to replace the visor- but I guess once the helmet is done if anything where to scratch or damage the visor majorly it's also going to do that to the helmet.. =)

    Phil
  11. Dec 18, 2006, 8:20 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #36

    I hot glue gun in my visors, it means you can remove if required, i've never had one fall out due to excessive heat conditions, but then again i do live in the U.K.!
  12. hellopike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    Dec 18, 2006, 8:25 AM - Re: My Christmas Present arrived early... #37

    I'm in Philadelphia and while it does get awful hot in the summer, mabye I'll risk it and use hotglue and see how far it takes me.

    Phil

Similar Threads

  1. Early Fathers day
    By Chucko in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2009, 3:22 AM
  2. Early "coming home" present
    By superjedi in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 28, 2009, 4:41 AM
  3. Christmas present
    By dankenman in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2008, 2:36 PM
  4. My Late Christmas Present (Fett related)
    By TeamFett in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
  5. Christmas came early...
    By bobamaker in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Oct 2, 2006, 9:34 PM