Well I have been on the boards for a while and just never had the chance to buy a bucket let alone the time to paint one. Well I finally had to funds to do so and I purchased one of DAz’s great buckets and boy was it worth the wait. This thing is a great piece and I can only hope to do it justice with my paint job.
I have never really been good with drawing or painting but I think with the help of RS paint colors and Count Dookies stencils, and with the wealth of knowledge I have gained over the years from all of the fine paint ups that have been on this board I think I have a good chance of putting together something decent and I just may surprise myself!!!!! One can always hope.
I look forward to everyone’s suggestions, tips, and please let me have it as I really want this to turn out great.
The first thing that I did was wiping down the whole helmet and then prayed it all light gray. I figured I would start off on the left ear as it is a small piece and this would be my first time using an air brush to paint anything. So with that in mind I used the templates that I had to resize (thanks Shock Nurse!!) and then masked out the light gray areas. Once I had the light gray areas all masked out I then sprayed caboose on the left ear. Once the paint was dry I removed the masking fluid to reveal the gray damage. I then masked out the gray and caboose damage and sprayed the left ear with POG.
Alright everyone let me have it!!!! Just from what I can tell some of the damage is off a bit and I still need to go through and make some of it a little bit more pronounced by scratching away some layers with the old compass tip.I also noticed that I will need to touch up some areas as some of the paint came up when removing the masking fluid.