Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MR to release and ESB bucket next year !!!

Account Deactivated cookiemongoloid's Avatar
    From
    U.S. California

Re: MR to release and ESB bucket next year !!!

I think that the helmets we at the dented helmet have created will be superior. We are a team of people who eat, drink, and breathe Boba Fett (I am at least). Fett has consumed our lives, and we have devoted hours and hours of research, and trial and error to this. I think that MS, and BM will still be a step up. Besides, no matter what, it will be a REDICULOUS price.

If it's such a RIDICULOUS price, hopefully they will take the time figure out a way to mass produce these with at least a decent paintjob. Surely there is some way to do computer controlled painting or something.
    Last edited by Icedevil; Dec 27, 2005 at 2:59 AM.

cookiemongoloid said:
    Besides, no matter what, it will be a REDICULOUS price.
    What do you think a rediculous price would be?

FYI.... Back in the day the fiberglass DP Delux Fett helmets were $1000-1200 out of the gate and went MUCH higher on eBay.
    These were highly inaccurate and were still commanding these prices and they were selling like crazy.

Lynn

From
    Lost in Kentucky

Best case is you get a helmet that is cast from the exact MOM helmet that WAS used in ESB, not someone's impression of size and details. Then you get a pretty accurate paint job that will need a few extra scratches and nicks for the anally obsessed.

Middle case is you get an exact helmet that will need to be repainted.

Worst case is you get a helmet that was tweaked by MR to meet what they think it should look like and will still sell like the Deluxe and be used to create other "works of art" without much worry about recasting "rules".

I wouldn't rule out MR just because it might not be a 100% paintjob but with MR having access to the actual helmets may give the MS, MSII and BM a run for the money.

As for the MR tweaking, I do like the looks of the MR stormtrooper.

From
    Austin, Tx

Hmmmm. Well Im very curious as see what it turns out like.

I was hoping they would make a Darth Maul Force FX saber. Ima hafta get me one of those.
    As far as that goes, they are.

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/mr-pretoyfair-05/

And yes, it splits in half =)

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx

oh man I gotta have that maul fx. The Obi-wan is dissappointing, but I didnt like the luke ROTJ either.

From
    Amity

i think the maul saber will be my first FX saber. either that or the anakin or vader one

From
    Austin, Tx

oh man I gotta have that maul fx. The Obi-wan is dissappointing, but I didnt like the luke ROTJ either.
    Agree on both points, I HAVE to have that maul!!

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx

From
    Roanoke, TX

I have the Anakin Sabor and it rules... very bright. Its not completely accurate but its still fun to play with.

From
    Amity

hey i just realised that if MR was to make a truely accurite ESB helmet it will have to have RF lights & a servo controled RF antena. that might mean that well take a large bite out of our pockets

The RF antenna on real Fett helmets aren't servo controlled, as best we can tell. It uses good old-fashioned hand power.

From
    Amity

tylerdurden said:
    The RF antenna on real Fett helmets aren't servo controlled, as best we can tell. It uses good old-fashioned hand power.
    well then they will still need to have the blinking led's in the RF, correct?

From
    St. Catharines, ON

Thats true, I can't see that adding much to the cost. I'm not postive but I think most if not all the original helmets were made with working LEDs, although in their present state some of them have been taken apart and had the electronics removed. So depending on which helmet MR used as reference, they may not even be aware that the lights did blink...

Tim Allen said:
    I smell a Don Post like paint-job coming along w/ those.
    or rubies
    They will really have to pull out ALL the stops to get it right,and actually released when they say it will be.
    Either way it will be interesting to see the size of the helmet.ESB correct?or did it say?
    -Goldenrod

From
    Amity

goldenrod said:
    or rubies
    They will really have to pull out ALL the stops to get it right,and actually released when they say it will be.
    Either way it will be interesting to see the size of the helmet.ESB correct?or did it say?
    -Goldenrod
    or if they even get the flair right. *imagines it lookin like a Donpost 97* wow that would look craptastic

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

I think the form of the helmet will be terrific, but like a version the way it "should" have been in the movies, so symmetrical and all.

wich is imo pretty cool.

paint job will suck, so why not let MR know to put them for sale with only a grey primer on it :P

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

RBF said:
    I think the form of the helmet will be terrific, but like a version the way it "should" have been in the movies, so symmetrical and all.

wich is imo pretty cool.

paint job will suck, so why not let MR know to put them for sale with only a grey primer on it :P
    that is awesome...a $500 fett helmet with a grey primer!! LOL I agree thats what they should do

heck have any of you seen the paint job they did on the clone helmets?? they screwed that up and the only color they had to use was yellow...no way MR will get the fett right!!

From
    Amity

DarthMiller said:
    that is awesome...a $500 fett helmet with a grey primer!! LOL I agree thats what they should do

heck have any of you seen the paint job they did on the clone helmets?? they screwed that up and the only color they had to use was yellow...no way MR will get the fett right!!
    mabie we should bobmbard them with emails containing the reference pictures that have the ESB helmet along with the picture that proves the leds are there. i think its the least we could do to try & help these guys. cause i want this helmet to rock. although we could tell them to switch to a ROTJ helmet. it doesnt have half as good a paintjob as the ESB but they might be able to not screw that up.

Account Deactivated

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
    mabie we should bobmbard them with emails containing the reference pictures that have the ESB helmet along with the picture that proves the leds are there. i think its the least we could do to try & help these guys. cause i want this helmet to rock. although we could tell them to switch to a ROTJ helmet. it doesnt have half as good a paintjob as the ESB but they might be able to not screw that up.
    Are you saying we should start a Petition maybe??? ....I'd be up for that ...
    Anyone else???
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Dec 29, 2005 at 11:13 AM.

From
    Amity

Spideyfett said:
    Are you saying we should start a Petition maybe??? ....I'd be up for that ...
    Anyone else???
    well i just think that MR would have a much better time painting the ROTJ cause it looks alot easyer. + it would go with the gun they will be releasing. i would really love MR to make a ESB helmet its just i dont think i can trust them to make a truely good paintjob on it because its just so complicated. . what you guys say? ESB ? or ROTJ ?

i still say it would be easyer cause ROTJ uses a topical (spelling?) paintjob & ESB uses a layered paint job.

It's far too late in the game for a petition...

From
    B.C.

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
    well i just think that MR would have a much better time painting the ROTJ cause it looks alot easyer.
    i still say it would be easyer cause ROTJ uses a topical (spelling?) paintjob & ESB uses a layered paint job.
    Personally I don't ever feel like tackling a ROTJ bucket ever again. I thought the same thing that it was going to be a piece of cake to replicate but after getting into it and really studying the pictures and details I found the ROTJ helmet far more challenging. Less than 1% of my helmet was done topically plus there is a ton of scratches and cut marks engraved throught the helmet to recreate.
    Also thanks to RS there is a nice colorlist to act as a guideline for the ESB, unfortunatly guys have to gauge colors for themselves with the ROTJ and custom mix a lot of their shades.
    So I guess what I'm trying to say is in my opinion ROTJ is harder helmet to properly replicate.

Desloc said:
    Best case is you get a helmet that is cast from the exact MOM helmet that WAS used in ESB, not someone's impression of size and details. Then you get a pretty accurate paint job that will need a few extra scratches and nicks for the anally obsessed.
    I think it is highly unlikely that we will see a helmet cast from the ESB helmet for two reasons: the ESB helmet has been on tour for the last few years, and I doubt LFL would allow one of those helmets to be molded for risk of damaging the helmet and paint job, especially given the "white glove" policy for archive visitors.

I also agree that is the ROTJ helmet is much tougher paintjob to properly recreate because it is so randomly weathered and just ass all over.

From
    The first state

tylerdurden said:
    just ass all over.

That's the funniest analogy I've read about a paintjob yet!

Good one Tyler

Steve

Account Deactivated

Here's the deal they send this stuff to China and at the factory they use Pantone paint swatches to get a match so basically it'll be a close match to whatever they find on the pantone chart unfortunately. I think they are on a thin wire with the purist fett fans as far as accuarcy and colors. But I would be happy with whatever they put out because I think it'll be the best that will ever be offered as far as licensed material goes. I'm going to compare it to what I have and see what was compromised or idealized me personaly I like my stuff to be craptacular/asseriffic like the real props and not a symetrical halloween head topper but that is my preference. I'd rather have what was on screen and not what someone thinks I would like.
    Also on the ROTJ colors I could crack those but I have spent so much time getting my helmet up to speed that I have spent practically zero time on the ROTJ helmet colors. When this comes out I'll post a comparison of my helmet with this one and see what happens I'll probably get banned from the RPF when I do but oh well that is why I have my own board now.

Lee