Subscribe
    Nov 18, 2007, 1:53 PM - MR Helmet opinions #1

Just wondering what everyone thought about the master replicas fett helmet?
    Quality and accuracy if you have an opinion on either.
    Nov 18, 2007, 1:55 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #2

Waiting on mine being delivered...
    But from what I have seen so far on their site etc... looks very cool for a mass produced lid?
    Nov 18, 2007, 4:01 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #3

Quote jackpot76 said: View Post
    Just wondering what everyone thought about the master replicas fett helmet?
    Quality and accuracy if you have an opinion on either.

There is a few threads about it here, use the search tool and you'll find lots of info on it.
    Nov 18, 2007, 4:35 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #4

www.starwarshelmets.com has a nice spread on it, with comparison pics.
  5. skygunbro is offline skygunbro
    Nov 18, 2007, 5:25 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #5

This is the one im waiting for ...even though they(MR) werent allowed to actually mold it topically the helmet was scanned so its hands down the closest thing to the real deal out there bar none.
    Nov 18, 2007, 10:56 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #6

This helmet will change things for the better for us fett guys. I plan on doing great things with mine.
    Nov 19, 2007, 3:19 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #7

Does anybody know when it will bw delivered? Do you think they solved the "narrow visor" problem for the final product?
    Dec 3, 2007, 9:35 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #8

Has anyone heard of a delivery date on the helmet. I noticed that the site shows winter 2008. I thought that they had to ship there helmets before the end of the year due to loosing the contract with Lucas.
    Dec 3, 2007, 9:37 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #9

Winter 2008 !!!!!!!!! That's got to be a typo ! If it's not, I want my money back !!!

FP
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Dec 3, 2007, 12:49 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #10

I wish they'd ship em already. They must be waiting for them to sell out or something. What's the hold up?
    Dec 3, 2007, 1:08 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #11

2008!! I really hope not! lets hope as FP suggests that this is a typo?
  12. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Dec 3, 2007, 1:15 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #12

Quote skygunbro said: View Post
    This is the one im waiting for ...even though they(MR) werent allowed to actually mold it topically the helmet was scanned so its hands down the closest thing to the real deal out there bar none.
    And here we go again. The MR helmet is probably the closest publicly available helmet, but it isn't the closest out there "bar none."
    Dec 3, 2007, 1:16 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #13

I'll be a sad panda if I don't get mine before Xmas
    Dec 3, 2007, 1:23 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #14

I just had to check again..which I just did and it shows Winter 2008. I am with you all I ordered both the Fett and the weathered Spec ops Helmet and hoped to get them before christmas. Does anyone have a MR connection that could clariy this for us? If anything to ease our minds. I could or I should say would have to wait if it was the case...I want the helmets to add to the collection.
    Dec 3, 2007, 1:48 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #15

I called the customer service line and the CSR said closer to, or in, January.
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Dec 3, 2007, 2:08 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #16

I sent them an email asking for an explaination. I would hope that everybody would do the same. That's just bad business to sneek in and change ship dates, knowing that everybody is expecting them before Christmas. Bah humbug!!!
    Last edited by jpynk3; Dec 3, 2007 at 2:36 PM.
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Dec 3, 2007, 4:31 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #17

Quote jpynk3 said: View Post
    I sent them an email asking for an explaination. I would hope that everybody would do the same. That's just bad business to sneek in and change ship dates, knowing that everybody is expecting them before Christmas. Bah humbug!!!
    Hmmm, I thought that was business as usual for MR?!
  18. Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Dec 3, 2007, 5:27 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #18

Man I just hope it looks good when it does finally get here. I wasn't real impressed with the blaster.
    Dec 4, 2007, 9:06 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #19

Well that is good to hear that Winter 2008 means January rather then December 2008
    Dec 4, 2007, 10:30 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #20

In retail terms "winter" usually means Jan-March. "holiday" means Nov.-Dec.
    Dec 4, 2007, 11:33 AM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #21

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    Hmmm, I thought that was business as usual for MR?!
    my thoughts too... have they ever shipped a non-FX product on time?
  22. skygunbro is offline skygunbro
    Dec 8, 2007, 1:12 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #22

Quote Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    And here we go again. The MR helmet is probably the closest publicly available helmet, but it isn't the closest out there "bar none."

Well Most people can not get the supposed accurate helmets so this IS the most accurate helmet people can readily get. And not sure how people figure something scanned off a real helmet isnt accurate...whatever I guess only certain people are allowed to have opinions around here.

And for you the add a laughing smiley to my opinion is not only childish but really unprofessional IMO.Its my opinion agree or disagree but dont try and make fun of it.
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Dec 10, 2007, 12:21 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #23

Quote skygunbro said: View Post
    Well Most people can not get the supposed accurate helmets so this IS the most accurate helmet people can readily get. And not sure how people figure something scanned off a real helmet isnt accurate...whatever I guess only certain people are allowed to have opinions around here.

And for you the add a laughing smiley to my opinion is not only childish but really unprofessional IMO.Its my opinion agree or disagree but dont try and make fun of it.

Wow. Missed this or would have responded earlier.

There is no need to get bent out of shape. I think the MR helmet is absolutely a stunning helmet. In fact, I think it is one of the best looking helmets I have ever seen. It is very clean and very nice. However, to say "its hands down the closest thing to the real deal out there bar none" is simply inaccurate and might mislead people. I have held the MR in my hands and done exhaustive comparisons and you can say "whatever" if you want, but the fact is, simply because it was scanned from a real helmet doesn't automatically make it the most accurate around. Perhaps you are not completely familiar with the whole scanning process, but there is a large margin for error, and there ARE places on the MR that are simply incorrect. I am sorry that you are so offended by my comments, but they are simply factual. I am also sorry that you misunderstood my laughing smiley. I laughed because this isn't the first or second or third time this subject has come up. I wasn't laughing at you or making fun of you. I was laughing at the fact that this has been brought up yet again. If my post is the reason you are now leaving the board in a huff... well, I think calling ME childish is laughable.
    Dec 10, 2007, 10:14 PM - Re: MR Helmet opinions #24

*Ahem* uh... someone was asking about a release date? :P

I called them 2 months ago and the representative lady told me "December". That's all I got out of her. I would advise calling for that kind of info though. The line is EASY to get through. I called around lunchtime expecting to be on hold for an hour but the woman I talked to was speedy and friendly enough.

EDIT:
    By the way. It's my brother buying it. It just so happens to be MY credit card lol. After prowling the internet I've got some great information and ideas. I can't wait to bestow my variant when I get some time to work hard on it during the holidays.