Subscribe
  1. formerly BingoBongo275 Star Wars Helmets's Avatar
    Jul 1, 2003, 8:36 AM - More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #1

Hi,

My site was mentioned in the "Helmet abbrev & comp" thread (ukonline/bingo275....)

Its a resource dedicated to the very best in sw helmets (although for completeness i've also info on the not-so-best out there like the Rubies), and the site now has the rather snappy name www.StarWarsHelmets.com

I have to say that my site is a bit weak on the Fett side, so if anyone's got any info then I'd love to add it such that its as informative as hopefully the Vader and Stormtrooper sections are.

As a start I'd like to add some of the info and pics from the aforemantioned thread, such as the different helmets available if thats ok with the mods and everyone

Cheers

Jez
    www.StarWarsHelmets.com

2. crazyDewback
    Jul 1, 2003, 12:00 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #2

Great site, dude!

Nice source for a general overview on helmets.
    Jul 1, 2003, 1:13 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #3

Nice job. I like the armor reviews.

::edit:: Just saw a couple of things you may want to update in the "real props" section:

This isn't a RotJ publicity shot, but a picture of the Pre-Production suit (never used in any of the films). Note the yellow left gauntlet.

While this pics is a post-RotJ picture, it would be better titled "Star Wars Special Edition Fett" as this is where the ESB helmet and RotJ armor were combined. I have yet to figure out what the deal is with the scope on this particular blaster.
  4. formerly BingoBongo275 Star Wars Helmets's Avatar
    Jul 1, 2003, 4:57 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #4

Cheers guys this is just the sort of info I'm after!

Any pics too then lmk.

btw I forgot to mention there's an excellent ROTJ Fett painting tutorial on my site following some great input from Steve the Swede.

Jez
    www.StarWarsHelmets.com

Jul 2, 2003, 11:17 AM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #5

Great Site! Very very informative. Here's something I noticed on the Real Prop's part.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but the "ROTJ from Lucas Archives" is incorrect. Isn't that a stunt ESB helmet or something?
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jul 2, 2003, 11:33 AM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #6

Blastech wrote:

Isn't that a stunt ESB helmet or something?
    I made the same point in the aforementioned Helmet Abbreviations thread.

Cheers!
    TJ
    Jul 2, 2003, 11:40 AM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #7

I always wondered, in the RF, is that the inner (wire) cover that just came loose sticking inward like that???
    Jul 2, 2003, 12:10 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #8

Yes, we've pretty much consider that helmet to be an ESB "Stunt." Though we don't have any official confirmation that it is a "stunt," the details and look of the helmet make the "stunt" guess pretty reasonable.

As far as the RF stalk goes, it does seem to be part of the stalk that has broken off. I've looked at the tour pics of the Jedi and ESB helmet, and I just can't see a seam in approximately the same place as on the stunt stalk. In fact, the stunt stalk doesn't appear to be metal at all.

Jul 2, 2003, 12:25 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #9

Oops! Sorry JC. Guess I should read around a little before I post!
  10. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jul 2, 2003, 12:59 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #10

Blastech wrote:

Oops! Sorry JC. Guess I should read around a little before I post!
    Hey, no apology necessary man. I just wanted to make it look like I was paying attention is all.

As for the origins of the helmet, all signs indicate a stunt helmet...I just can't think of a single instance in ESB that would have required a stunt helmet.

Cheers!
    TJ
  11. formerly BingoBongo275 Star Wars Helmets's Avatar
    Jul 2, 2003, 3:18 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #11

Cheers Guys following the other thread I'd changed this the other night (although not sure if I updated that page or not on the server).

Away from this point, can I ask for more info and pics please, show off your stuff!

Jez
    www.StarWarsHelmets.com

12. formerly BingoBongo275 Star Wars Helmets's Avatar
    Jul 6, 2003, 12:29 PM - Re: More Fett info needed for StarWarsHelmets.com! #12

Just a quick update to say THANKS to everyone who's supplied me with info.

I've updated my site over the week-end to reflect the information and photo's sent. Along with all the new Boba/Jango information I've also done a big update to my Stormtrooper section.

lmk if there's any mistakes, hopefully not too many!

Thanks to all especially FettPride, Well Paid Killer, Blastec and Lynn.

Cheers

Jez
    http://www.StarWarsHelmets.com