Master Replica's paint job question

Master Replica's paint job question

Quick question - I was looking at MR helmet and noticed the back panels of the lid are painted very dark, not the usual sissy robin egg colour, and lighting cannot explain this. What's up with that? I like it much better obviously, but is it kosher?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mrfetthelmet-se-15-jpg   mrfetthelmet-se-16-jpg   mrfetthelmet-se-17-jpg  

Re: Master Replica's paint job question

I had a similar question about the ROTJ helmet (some pictures made the back of the helmet the same blue as on the cheekbone). It could be color correction (a lot of poster-boy screen shots of posters do this) resulting in the change of color hue and saturation. When in doubt, look at the movie reference.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Well I wouldnt use the MR as a reference ever as its a replica. So you would be creating a replica of a replica. Use the gallery there are pictures of the actual helmet in there. Do your best to get the color to match. I think there should be a slight more blue to the color than what appears to be in the pics you posted of the MR

From
    Newport News, VA

The MR Boba helmet's basic colors are really close to the ESB helmet, but the damage patterns and details are a mix
    between the ESB and Pre-Pro 3.
    Not sure on the whole story why they went that way, but it's sort of a hybrid of the two.