Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 9, 2006, 11:29 AM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #76

Agreed Spidey, so, what a fantastic helmet Jordy!! back on track (lets hope)
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:03 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #77

Wow... MS... to say I am impressed with this bucket is a MAJOR understatement. I can't wait to see the finished product. I can only imagine that after this is complete, and given a proper paint job, it's going to look phenominal!

Thank you for the images...
  3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:30 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #78

I purged the thread of off-topic posts, and discussion of the topic may now resume.

Once again, I remind all TDH members to be respectful toward one another, especially when discussing dissenting opinions.

As per the Code of Conduct:

RESPECT

Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect fellow members and their opinions. Respect must be extended to each and every member, the administrative staff included. Be polite and courteous to others and keep your messages in good taste.Disagreements are bound to happen. Approach them in a civil manner, with respect to the other person's point of view.
    *Edited for clarity*
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:37 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #79

not to question the almighty Dent, *bows*, but where is someone being disrespecful in this post? I only see praises for MS's work...

please don't disintigrate me...
  5. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:38 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #80

Great Bucket MS!!........
  6. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:39 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #81

Quote fettenvy said:
    not to question the almighty Dent, *bows*, but where is someone being disrespecful in this post? I only see praises for MS's work...

please don't disintigrate me...
    It was removed...THANKS DENT:thumbup ...
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:47 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #82

Quote Spideyfett said:
    It was removed...THANKS DENT:thumbup ...

oh ok... yay for Dent!

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
    Feb 9, 2006, 12:56 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #83

*bad imitation of yoda* The dent has ultimate power, yes hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm
    Feb 9, 2006, 2:15 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #84

What the heck did I miss?! I guess thanks to all those guys who stood up for me!
    I've avoided posting any of the close up shots of the detail changes for obvious reasons. Next week I'll post pics of a completed kit with the new RF, and polished ears. I'm pretty sick today so I'm not going to get the work done I wanted before the weekend. I'm off to Vancouver in the morning to watch some Hockey GO CANUCKS GO!

I'm only a day or two away from molding the RF pieces up. The main body is completed and I machined the 3 grooves into the insert yesterday. Only thing left to do is make up the lens cover and the small lens to go inside.
    Feb 9, 2006, 3:40 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #85

Wow!!!!!!! I am more of a clone/TK kind of guy but this helmet is awesome!!!!!!! Nice job. This makes me want to do a Fett!!!!!!!
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:06 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #86

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    I'm only a day or two away from molding the RF pieces up. The main body is completed and I machined the 3 grooves into the insert yesterday. Only thing left to do is make up the lens cover and the small lens to go inside.
    Thanks for the update bro

Anxiously awaiting mine. Thank god I have my new (version 1) MLC jet pack to keep me busy til then. I'm actually having a blast reseaching everything, and getting myself set up for the painting process of all the pieces of the costume, it's 1/2 the fun of building it.

Have fun at the game man =)
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:17 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #87

Everyones helmets are ready as well the earcaps. Just need to finish the RF as posted. Here is some proof to squall the riot My own MANDALORIAN ARMY is starting to assemble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckets4tdh.JPG 
Views:	1698 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	8441  
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:21 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #88

i feel like i'm a future puppy owner, looking at pics from the breeder. which one's mine?

and on a less joking note... do you have any advice on a nice rotj visor? the guy that sells the rubies upgrade ones on ebay will cut me a larger one, but i'm not convinced that $20+ for a visor makes sense...
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:33 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #89

Quote tk7602 said:
    i feel like i'm a future puppy owner, looking at pics from the breeder. which one's mine?

and on a less joking note... do you have any advice on a nice rotj visor? the guy that sells the rubies upgrade ones on ebay will cut me a larger one, but i'm not convinced that $20+ for a visor makes sense...
    Yours is the 1 in the middle I used a smoked acrylic visor for my ROTJ. I bought it from the guy on ebay. Make sure he makes it longer left to right. This helmet's eye slit has been lenghtend 1/2" to match up to the MoM photos. Ask him to make is 11"wide and 7" long and you'll be plenty safe.
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:34 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #90

If you have a local weilding supply company close to you try there. Look for a dark green faceshield. You can get them online also.

Here's an example of what im talkin about :
    http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/we...ml?id=c9bM8fZb

They look sweet MS
    Last edited by LionsPride; Feb 9, 2006 at 4:40 PM.
  16. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 9, 2006, 4:42 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #91

I want one?? ...

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    Everyones helmets are ready as well the earcaps. Just need to finish the RF as posted. Here is some proof to squall the riot My own MANDALORIAN ARMY is starting to assemble.
    Feb 9, 2006, 6:55 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #92

nice army MS

which one is mine? :-) another proud father looking at his new kid :-)~

cant wait to get it
    Feb 9, 2006, 6:55 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #93

MS - so the guys visors on ebay will fit this helmet?
    Feb 9, 2006, 7:04 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #94

Quote SlaveR5 said:
    MS - so the guys visors on ebay will fit this helmet?
    I'm not guaranteeing anything Just make sure if he makes you one that the eye slit is at least 11" across and the lenth down the mandibles is at least 7" and you will have enought visor to easy cover the inside. Might have to trim a bit off the bottom. As for in side fit, maybe you will have to heat it up bend it to get a tight fit.
    Feb 10, 2006, 3:30 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #95

Looking great!
    Feb 10, 2006, 4:19 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #96

Quote LionsPride said:
    If you have a local weilding supply company close to you try there. Look for a dark green faceshield. You can get them online also.

Here's an example of what im talkin about :
    http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/we...ml?id=c9bM8fZb

They look sweet MS
    that's the problem... they only have green. since i'm doing RotJ, i want smokey.

i've emailed the ebay visor guy with the measurements. it's looking like $15 plus shipping will be the way to go.
  22. Feb 10, 2006, 9:03 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #97

Email sent on Helmet!
    Wayne
    Feb 20, 2006, 5:15 PM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #98

Hello everybody!

Well I went on a little trip over to visit our friend Marrow Sun and I came home last night with some goodies! I got the opportunity to cast my own helmet, so I did!

MS was kind enough to lend his incredible painting skills to do an amazing paint job on my helmet. He went for a PP2 scheme and I think you will agree that he got it spot on! I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking...

Oh,...... what a minute,......that can't be right,......Oh! Opps! That's my old broken POS rubber Don Post helmet with the 2 hour paint job from when I was 12 years old! I keep on getting these helmets mixed up!

But seriously folks (I'll be here all week! ), I did cast up my own helmet (#10 out of the mold!) and I now have a complete kit ready to start work on. This helmet is amazing and you all will love yours. It just has the correct look that lets you know this definitely has close ties to the original helmets.

I've got the cold-cast aluminum ear pieces (which still need trimming and a lot of sanding/polishing to bring out that metallic shine), a cute little cold-cast aluminum Borden connector, the multi-piece range finder (which looks pretty sharp!), and one of BigKidBiggerToys' slick new aluminum RF posts (thanks again BKBT!). I'll be going to town getting everything prep'ed and then I'll need to track down some paints!

For those naysayers who think that all MS is good at is pouring silicone, I have something to say to you. He can't even do that right! His first mold for the range finder parts left silly little part lines on the pieces, so I had to sort him out and show him what he should do! We re-made those molds, so all you guys will be getting nice pieces with your helmets (unlike me who is stuck with these crappy pieces from the old mold! ). He's getting all your parts together and will be starting shipping this week, so it won't be long now for you guys! I can safely say you won't be disappointed!

All and all, I couldn't be happier with this kit! I'll be going for a film-accurate ESB paint job, and I'll be going 100% layered on the paints for that really authentic feel. I too hope to start a progress thread for this guy, if you all aren't sick of those by now!

All the best,

MJC.
    Feb 21, 2006, 9:02 AM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #99

your such a tease :-)
    Feb 21, 2006, 9:48 AM - Re: Marrow Sun Version 3 #100

Oh... its so... beautiful!!!