Subscribe
    Apr 3, 2005, 5:38 AM - for the love of God, I can't find paint! #1

oh my God, I'm going out of my mind... I live in Stockton, Ca and I NEED 2 colors of paint: C&O Enchancment Blue (lower cheeks of helmet) and Catapillar Yellow (shoulder pads and knee pads) and I'll be damned if I can find some where I live...

anyone live in the Sacramento area know where to buy these colors? Or maybe someone knows where I can buy these colors online? May 19th is getting dangerously close and this NEEDS to be done.

Help me dented helm forums, you're my only help...
    Apr 3, 2005, 7:38 AM - Re: for the love of God, I can't find paint! #2

For catapilar yellow check Automotive stores like autozone/pepboys and the like. for enhancment blue what I did was get a color swatch from a website and mix royal blue with a touch of black/torquise untill I got it close enough.
    Apr 3, 2005, 10:31 AM - Re: for the love of God, I can't find paint! #3

Are you looking for the upper cheek color for the RotJ paint scheme? I used American Accents 'Antique Blue' with a little black pastel weathering and it came out fine. You can find it at Lowe's or Home Depot. It's a Rustoleum brand paint. Well ...I guess you really can't tell from the picture because of the lighting. But I was using the pics of the RotJ helmet from FettPride's website as a guide and I think I got it pretty close. I'm a 'lazy' painter and will avoid having to mix colors at almost any cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cnv0041.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	1867  
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Apr 4, 2005, 6:24 PM - Re: for the love of God, I can't find paint! #4

I got my C & O blue from testors.com. Been waiting for a month. It's on the way they say.
  5. Member Since
    May 2004
    Apr 5, 2005, 1:56 AM - Re: for the love of God, I can't find paint! #5

Hey fettenvy, find out if any of the stores have it in the bay area and let me know. I go to stockton every other weekend to drop off my daughter. If you can find it in any of the stores down here I can pick it up for you and drop it off to you
    Apr 6, 2005, 9:26 PM - Re: for the love of God, I can't find paint! #6

thank you very much for the help... I will call up autozone and see if they can help me. I'll give ya'll an update soon.