Subscribe
    Sep 18, 2007, 5:14 PM - Looking for Opinions #1

OK I redid the mandible scratches/weathering topically with silver model car paint. Here's a before and the after photos, let me know what you think. I did it based of the mandibles I found from tk409's website.

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm going to redo the cheeks/dome/and rear of the helmet starting in NOV. I repainted my gauntlets, will have photos of them soon
    Sep 19, 2007, 9:23 AM - Re: Looking for Opinions #2

Here's a photo of the rear of my helmet, also my newly redone gauntlets, pls let me know if these are any kind of good or not...

3. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2007, 11:18 AM - Re: Looking for Opinions #3

Helmet is looking nice, but it looks like you mixed up the colours on the upper and lower cheeks!
    Sep 19, 2007, 11:54 AM - Re: Looking for Opinions #4

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Helmet is looking nice, but it looks like you mixed up the colours on the upper and lower cheeks!
    Yeah they are mixxed, that's cause before I knew about this place I bought a painted ROTJ from StarFortress, I got it and it was ALL kinds of messed up. I am busily fixing the painting errors, but I have tons of events in OCT. so It'll be NOV before I can get to work on cheeks, unless I think I can get it done in a couple of days, really the chees are the only part that REALLY need fixed, the dome was just TOO green so I misted it with black and I am now happy with it. So I may start on cheeks next paycheck if I have a few days to sand off the old paint and put on the new. So far I've been doing the scratched topically with a paintbrush, so I may keep up with that.