Looking for Opinions

Looking for Opinions

OK I redid the mandible scratches/weathering topically with silver model car paint. Here's a before and the after photos, let me know what you think. I did it based of the mandibles I found from tk409's website.

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm going to redo the cheeks/dome/and rear of the helmet starting in NOV. I repainted my gauntlets, will have photos of them soon

Re: Looking for Opinions

Here's a photo of the rear of my helmet, also my newly redone gauntlets, pls let me know if these are any kind of good or not...

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Helmet is looking nice, but it looks like you mixed up the colours on the upper and lower cheeks!

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Helmet is looking nice, but it looks like you mixed up the colours on the upper and lower cheeks!
    Yeah they are mixxed, that's cause before I knew about this place I bought a painted ROTJ from StarFortress, I got it and it was ALL kinds of messed up. I am busily fixing the painting errors, but I have tons of events in OCT. so It'll be NOV before I can get to work on cheeks, unless I think I can get it done in a couple of days, really the chees are the only part that REALLY need fixed, the dome was just TOO green so I misted it with black and I am now happy with it. So I may start on cheeks next paycheck if I have a few days to sand off the old paint and put on the new. So far I've been doing the scratched topically with a paintbrush, so I may keep up with that.