Return of the Batting Helmet.
All these awesome recent scratch built helmets got me in the mood to give it a go one more time.
This time I based WOF's templates exclusively around the measurements so graciously provided by TK-409 In an attempt to get this build as close to a mystery helmet's dimensions as I could. I also didn't go with the extreme flair I had with the last helmet. It's 1/8th of an inch larger at the bottom than at the brow line in comparison to the 3/4 inch difference last time.
I used TK-7602's epoxy putty for the dent idea (genious).......I need to do a little more sculpting in it as it's a bit too small but It's an excellent base. I still have alot of tweaking to do here and there with thinning the front profile of the dome, arrows, and the mands are too thick. For it's first coat of primer, I was pleasantly suprised at the absence of pinholes etc. I'm going with SpideyFett's installation method for the visor and MQ-1....(whenever I get my hands on one). I'll be glassing the inside (It's real ugly in there) within the week and moving on to
finishing the screwy right ear cap. I'll put pics up when I finish it off and roll on some paint.
As always, if you see something I haven't listed for fixin'......please let me know.
Thanks for looking.