Subscribe
    Oct 11, 2007, 11:57 AM - *UPDATE* Just got my Bucket... #1

My Boba Fett helmet just came in the mail! Can't wait to get started on it

It doesn't say whether it's a Don Post or Rubies but, it says 1997 Lucasfilm. A '97 would make it a Rubies right? . In any case, I purchased this on ebay for $30 and I'm going to use it as a starter helmet until I got the funds to get a BobaMaker.

Has anyone else had or worked on a 97 helmet?

When I get home I'll take some pics of it...then pics of my progress

*UPDATE*

So, here are some pics...Although everyone here may know already what it looks like...I just wanted some "before" pics...Plus I just wanted to show the shape it's in...its warped in a few places

Last edited by Majewski79; Oct 15, 2007 at 4:39 PM. Reason: Update
    Oct 11, 2007, 12:06 PM - Re: Just got my Bucket... #2

I'm not really sure, but I think 97' is Don Post.
    Oct 11, 2007, 12:58 PM - Re: Just got my Bucket... #3

Yeah, 97 is Don Post.
    Oct 15, 2007, 4:57 PM - UPDATE Practice Pictures #4

Well...I've decided that I would use this DP 97 helmet to practice different weathering techniques and painting schemes instead of just winging it. Then hopefully, by the time I get a BobaMaker, I'll give it special treatment by using my full artistic abilities

As you can see I was experimenting doing the killstripes and they obviously came out crooked...lol..and the ears I haven't yet tried to do...
    So again this isn't following either ESB or ROTJ accuracy, it's just the best way to go: Practice

Oct 15, 2007, 9:47 PM - Re: Just got my Bucket... #5

If you are masking the kill stripes they will always be crooked if you lay a straight line. Try masking them with an upward flare on each end. It should give the illusion of them being straight. You can't really draw a straight line on a curved surface.
    But everything else looks really cool!
    How did you get the precision with the scrapes?
    Oct 15, 2007, 10:06 PM - Re: Just got my Bucket... #6

Thanks
    I tried a few different methods...A couple I got from the wealth of information here...One of them was a toothpick which worked good for small things...I tried the layering but, I couldn't get it right for some reason...

Now, for the bigger scrapes and you possibly may laugh...Duct Tape. Put a little piece down, and YANK it off! While not the best method to use if going for accuracy but, it works. Also, the deep scratches and stuff, I used a razor blade and twisted and dug into the plastic tearing out small pieces one at a time. Another method that definitely isn't wise if using a better bucket. I'm going to sand blast the paint off...and start again