I need some help with my helmet.

From
    Canada

I need some help with my helmet.

Hello TDH community,

I am young, but this is my very first cardboard helmet I will be doing. Boba Fett is my number one character that I would do anything to make. I have alot of toys of him.

ANYWAY, Is there any tips or tutorials that you guys and gals could give me? I'm making it out of newspaper board, 1/16'' thick, 30''x40''. I have watched tutorials on it, the cheekbone really confuses me. How do you get it curved and in position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-MandoFett

From
    Oklahoma City

Re: I need some help with my helmet.

Hi. Take a look at the top of the helmet section where there are threads that say Wizardofflight. He made some great templates that can help you on your quest to make a helmet. The are others working on templates too that look nice. Have fun and keep reading the forum. There is a lot of great information here.

Actually here is the link.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/b...mplates-10497/

Account Deactivated

The cheeks are the hardest part to get to look right , have you all ready started ? if so were are you up to in your build
    If you are using the WOF templates , when makeing the visor peices and the side burns cut the templates out of paper then atach them together , then trace them as one peice on to your chosen material, this way instead of having 4 seperate peice you have one continuous peice , this will help alot in the construction process , becouse you wont need to join these peice together, if your using card board use a large enough peice to alow for the size for the peices to fit,
    once you have attached the visor aea to the back plate , with or with out the dome youl be able to attach the upper cheeks , before attaching bend the peice t the desiierd shape also glue taps on the back side of the visor were the uper cheeks meet then glue the peices together it will take some manipulation of the card board but if the peices are cut to size it should fit with out to much trouble,

From
    Canada

jinto said: View Post
    The cheeks are the hardest part to get to look right , have you all ready started ? if so were are you up to in your build
    If you are using the WOF templates , when makeing the visor peices and the side burns cut the templates out of paper then atach them together , then trace them as one peice on to your chosen material, this way instead of having 4 seperate peice you have one continuous peice , this will help alot in the construction process , becouse you wont need to join these peice together, if your using card board use a large enough peice to alow for the size for the peices to fit,
    once you have attached the visor aea to the back plate , with or with out the dome youl be able to attach the upper cheeks , before attaching bend the peice t the desiierd shape also glue taps on the back side of the visor were the uper cheeks meet then glue the peices together it will take some manipulation of the card board but if the peices are cut to size it should fit with out to much trouble,
    My helmet got crushed It got sucked in the vaccum. I need to restart, but poster board isnt the best material.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

theres a guy on clonetroopers.net that built a complete set of armor starting with stuff like posterboard I think u can do it just keep your head up and try again