I need an opinion

I need an opinion

Hello all! I'm new and I'd just like an expert opinion on this bucket listed on eBay.

It's obviously needs a little work, but I'm tight on cash and the auction is only at $40 right now with two days to go. It's listed as a Mystery helmet.

Re: I need an opinion

Hey, I really don't know much at all about the mystery helmet, but you can punch that into the search function and learn alot about it. I know that it has been discussed here with great frequency. I believe it means that no one exactly knows where the first cast like it came from. Welcome to TDH! You are in the right place for everything "Fett".

Cheers
    Debbi

From
    UK

It looks like a Sgt Fang piece? could be wrong though as I have never owned one...

From
    Pekin, IL

Looks like a recast or bad pull of a SGT Fang, but if your on a tight budget and don't mind the extra work.... Looks like most of the work on the front is sanding away excess materials but the lower mandibles look like they turn into the helmet, might be hard to fix. Also no pics of the back of the helmet. For a good budget bucket I would contact SGT Fang directly(cost just over twice this auction)

From
    The first state

Ditto on the recast mystery....and if you're on a budget, you'll likely not find a better deal.

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssst ! But yea, short on cash, go for the extra work. Thats what Im doing for my boba helmet!

Def a recast, saying that I've seen worse, MUCH worse

From
    Ottawa, Ontario Canada

I'm with Blueram on this... depending on the material those mandibles might be hard to fix. I know, with my fiberglass recast it would be impossible.. the material is just too hard and thick.

Also, as stated above... no pics of the back.. that's a tricky area if the keyholes are not well cast.

I would try Gypsyboy here,... his are nice raw castings.. haven't heard any complaints on here.. and his are only $65 + shipping.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23067

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

it looks like a sgt fangs recast. the cheek corners, dent, and slight offset to the turn signals look very close to the helmet i have, (a sgt fang original)