I need to lighten the colors on my helmet...

bfett81

Active Hunter
Are there any products I can use to lighten the green color on my dome and lower cheek area? It's a bit dark...

Go to my "My helmet progress pics" thread. and see my painting guide. Use the paint misting technique I described and spray on ligher shades spray can paint of your dome and cheecks tp lighten it up.
Or you can just get lighter paint and repaint it.
You may try white or gray pastel chalk to tone it down, I know black darkens it up when weathering, so lighter chalk may work as well.

My apint was too dark and also too shiny.I lightly sanded it with a fine grit sanding sponge and I couldn't believe how much it helped.It looks MUCH better now .It lightened it up ,dulled it down and left no sanding scratches.

I guess its true how those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it becuz i make my helmets light collered alot and it usally turns out bad, i lighted ym boab fett one a little bit too much and then it looked like someone who just got out of a bounty hunter make up and fashion show.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back