I bought a helmet, but what kind is it??

From
    San Diego

I bought a helmet, but what kind is it??

Here is the link for the ebay sale. Is this an acceptable helmet?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260234894793

Thanks, I am a noob to anything having to do with mando's i wanna do an ESB Boba

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: I bought a helmet, but what kind is it??

two things just so you know. 1 please don't post links to auctions that aren't yours. that's just one of the rules here. 2 steer clear of buying boba parts on ebay unless you know for sure that it's being sold by a tdh member. if it is you'll probably see it posted here in the cargo hold first. do plenty of research here first before diving headfirst into boba. don't do what I did and spent a bunch of money on lousey gear then have to start all over when you realize your costume is horribly inadequate. stick around here a while, keep your eyes open, good things come around pretty regularly.

it looks like a recast mystery helmet

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

it does look like a one of the many mystery recasts. is it just me or does it look like it came from a really bad pour? it looks like it has really uneven coverage.

From
    Norwich UK

I'd agree, it looks like just another recast mystery lid.

mind you, it doesn't look that bad. A decent paint job and a bit of tlc and you will have a nice lid

From
    Corpus Christi, TX

If TK4510's Stormtrooper buckets are any indication, he will do just fine with this bucket

From
    San Diego

Thanks guys. Sorry about the link. Thats not the actual helmet I have but I am almost positive its from the same molds. I am going to do a build on it for my brother for Christmas. He's a bail-bondsmen and occasional "bounty hunter" so I thought this would be cool in his office!! Dont you think??? I would like to have working LED's and a decent paint job.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope I can do this lid justice. I have seen all the paint involved!!!

As far as the quality goes...Yikes!!! Its pretty thin in many areas. I was thinking about brushing some resin inside to make it stronger..

Mike

From
    Irvine, CA

Yeah don't buy anything off of ebay unless you know its a reputable member here who's selling it.

From
    Iowa

Weird...I happened to be looking at this guy's feedback a couple days ago and saw that you got this for $66. Not too bad of a price, but you will need A LOT of dremel work. I had a lot of projects going at once and decided to get the same guy's $15 ear peices and rangefinder. I got what I paid for...they honestly aren't bad, but I have no idea what this guy did to cast these. I have knowledge in mold making and casting, but there is 1/4" of rock solid clear **** on the back side of each ear peice. I had to set them on a belt sander FOREVER. In the end, the casts looked fine. Hope it works out for ya.

depending on the material, i wouldn't worry *too* much about thin... i make my helmets thin so that the resin can flex rather than snap if it gets hit. i'd say mine are no more than 3/32" - 1/8" thick in most places.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

I just needed something cleared up.. I was under the assumption if you WON the auction, not just bidding on a live auction, it would be considered yours. If I could get this cleared up by one of the admins that would be great! thanks!

From
    Greensburg Indiana

woooohhh. I just read further down in the post that it was not even the auction you won... that is a definite NO-NO.. but I would still like to know if posting the winning auction was Acceptable. thanks!!!