Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hsbro B,F 3 times removed

Account Deactivated

Re: Hasbro b.ft helmet mod(UPDATES)

This is were im at so far dsc03785-jpgdsc03788-jpgdsc03787-jpgdsc03786-jpgI need to redo the lower cheeks and a bit of detailing on the face plus the darker green on the dome in the weathering needs some work.

Account Deactivated

Ive got the kill stripes down dsc03808-jpgdsc03806-jpgim realy undesided on wether to take a belt sander to this whole thing strip her back to bare and start painting again........ Idont know ....Its a hard helmet to replicate due to the fact that the in refrence pics it looks like it had been used as a door stop at skywalker ranch for the last 25 year and the few pics of it new the weathering on it seams to be difrent each shoot. Mabey im just making excuses for the fact that im doing a bad job.
    Last edited by BGHunter; May 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Account Deactivated

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why the hec did that photo get atached that suxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    some one please tell me how i can delete the pic off that guy, who ever he is

You are doing a very fine job. lookforwd to seeing the finished product.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Your first painting job is a learning experience. So don't sweat it. The guys here who get commisioned for helmets have done multiple paint jobs to get where they are... and remember that you're doing a helmet based only off photo stills. It's not like the ESB paint job that has templates available here. You're doing a good job!

From
    United States

jinto said: View Post
    Ive got the kill stripes down im realy undesided on wether to take a belt sander to this whole thing strip her back to bare and start painting again........
    Don't! It looks good.

From
    Westminster, MD

Yeah man, I think it's looking good.

Account Deactivated

Thanks for the kind words all , Still cant work out how to remove the pic of that "strapping young lad"
    any way im feeling a bit beter about the paint job so thnx again guys

Account Deactivated

Ive got the back painteddsc03817-jpgdsc03816-jpgand fixed up the kill stripes to make it look like the real sandy lid,and i removed the first magnets that were not quite stong enough added some super strong magnets as the atachment method for the ears then i filled over them with 2 part epoxy nxt to sand over them and paint the red on the equatoral strip

From
    Westminster, MD

I can't believe that used to be a hasbro helmet

Account Deactivated

Re: Hasbro b.ft helmet mod (ALMOST DONE)

Im having trouble loading pics up , and for some reson the screen is showing a white page with pasic font insted of the usual black pages is any one else haviong this problem?

very nice job on the hasbro mod ...doing the exact same mod .....only i got mine apart a little better

Account Deactivated

dsc03833-jpgdsc03828-jpgdsc03834-jpgI was pretty happy with the overall shape of this lid so i desided to make a mould off it and pull afew casts so far ive pulled 3 out and im very pleased with the way the casts look i still need to make the right ear configuration and the clear insert in the range finder then cast those.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

The back panels u painted on are ROTJ not ESB which you have going on the rest of the helmet...not sure if you knew that or not....

From
    Burbank, California

Wow, I was just looking at those in TRU with my son a few days ago and wondering how accurate they were.
    That is a really great job you are doing with it! It is certainly a difficult paint job.
    I am waiting to be able to post in the Cargo Hold to get one of the awesome helmets being offered now.
    Maybe I will pick up one of these toys to practice painting...
    Keep up he good work and the posts of your progress!

Account Deactivated

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    The back panels u painted on are ROTJ not ESB which you have going on the rest of the helmet...not sure if you knew that or not....
    Thanx for the advise but , its actualy suposed to be neither, its painted in the colours of the Sandy touring helmet, if i was going for E.S.B id havew failed misserably .
    there were originaly 6 difrent styles and i plan to atempt each one

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

you talking about the PP2v2 youll have to excuse me for mistaking it with the yellow kill stripes sandys had the red/orange not yellow

Account Deactivated

Yes in all fair nes i did get the colours a bit off i did do the stipes orange over yellow shouldhav been over red, any way ive been pulling a few out off the mould and im going to do the same sceam just with closer colours , I also sanded the hell out of one got it smooth am moving the arows over 2 mls and just neatn in the whole thingup and going to rest the mould with the cleaned up version

Account Deactivated

Re: Hasbro b.ft helmet mod (getting the dome right)

dsc03853-jpgdsc03856-jpgdsc03863-jpgOk so what ive done here is with the casts i made keept one of them as it came out just cleaned it up, an of the other 2 i cut themm up and am in the middle of making one as close to the real thing as pos , basicliy changed all the mesurements using photos and my jango asok and my old mystery as refrences(only), After getting all the sizes right i thort i was pretty happy with it exept for the dome shape from birds eye veiw so ive cut the dome off again and used a mix of expoxy filler and fiber glass resin mixed em together so they can be painted on then applied and worked it to the shape it should be, its a lot of work but iv put this much time in it so far i may as well get it right im all so making the ears up , at the right size and a 2 sets of the larger wof size for the hasbro mod and its resin copy i might as well finish them astempting as it is to cut them both up aswell and get the ears the right size but ill limit my self,

Account Deactivated

dsc03865-jpgThis is were its at at the mo it now basicly has nothig to do with the hasbro lid tho dont think itd be a good idea to start a new thread

From
    Westminster, MD

I am amazed at what you have been able to do so far!

Account Deactivated

Thanx Elusive
    I have placed the helmet ive made next to my mystery helmet(Iadded the ear platforms on my self) for comparison onlydsc03873-jpgdsc03871-jpgI have painstakinly cut it up trimed it down heated it up and cooled it downmany times now and i think ihave almost gotten it rightdsc03875-jpg,Getting the profile and the and the egg shape on the dome tok alot of work , i hope you guys like it ,I know each step in this evolution of this build i think i have it right but this thime i think i rely have it coverd, in the middle of scratching up some ears at the mo.
    Just to reitterate all of this helmet is made by me nothing has been used from any one elses build oriinaly the dome was from a hasbro fett 2 genarations agoand i have extensivly remade that , the mystery is for comparison only ..
    Thanx for reading
    Last edited by BGHunter; Nov 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM.