How to improve strength of Helmet??

How to improve strength of Helmet??

I have been working on my MS2 helmet. It is made of resin and I want to know exactly how I can improve the strength of it. I was at a con last week and while I was standing there a Shock trooper who had a resin helmet dropped his bucket and cracked it pretty bad. I do not want that to happen to my Fett. I am sure most of you will recommend fiberglass but I have never worked with fiberglass nor know what or where to get the supplies. Can someone who know about thus subject give me some instructions and what to get and how to do it?

From
    Palatine, IL

Re: How to improve strength of Helmet??

My helmet is resin, and I reenforced it inside with a fiberglass kit from wal-mart. I'm a fiberglass novice, but instructions are on the box and it's not too difficult. Cut the cloth into strips, mix the sticky goo, cover strips in sticky goo and lay them inside of the bucket. I learned the hard way that disposable rubber gloves are a must, and you will stick to anything you touch.

careful with doing that to regular ol slush casted resin. In time, that fiberglass will delaminate and just fall out- that's why they have special resins for combining Fiberglass resin and casting resin together.

What are those "special resins" and where can I find them?

Got Maul said:
    careful with doing that to regular ol slush casted resin. In time, that fiberglass will delaminate and just fall out- that's why they have special resins for combining Fiberglass resin and casting resin together.

From
    Chicagoland

If your near a good boat supply store I bet they can be of some help with your concern. (Hint: boats are fiberglass and need to be repaired regulary)

From
    The first state

Got Maul said:

Interesting...you learn something new every day!

Steve