Subscribe
    Nov 4, 2009, 11:59 AM - Help please...FP helmet and extras #1

Hello all.

I have a FP helmet (#5) with the works...metal ear pieces, range finder and chin strap. I may be selling off everything as a package deal but I have no idea what a fair price would be, I am not looking to sell this rig at a profit...I just want to get back my investment. Everything is as it was when it all shipped to me way back when and I have yet to work on it so its good to go...I just don't remember what everything costs me.

Anyway, if someone with a better memory than myself could shoot me a PM that would be wonderful.

Cheers!
    Nov 4, 2009, 12:07 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #2

I cant remember for sure, but I think the kit was mid 200's adn the metal kits was about the same.

You could mail chris (FP) though, and I think he would be able to tell you what it cost/sells for now.

With the FP helmets going to a new home, having chris's worksmanship is a premium.
    Nov 4, 2009, 12:15 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #3

THX for the info.
    Nov 4, 2009, 12:40 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #4

I'm on the lookout for a helmet and might be interested if you decide to sell.
    Nov 4, 2009, 1:33 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #5

The FPH's were $250 shipped back in 07 The ears on the other hand, I honestly don't have a clear recollection on that as I was not involved with the actual sales of those, only design. But I believe that they were between $250 and $300 shipped. The ears do however go for about $225 at this time when available.

Hope that helps

-Chris
    Nov 4, 2009, 2:13 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #6

Might be good to confirm whether the ears in question are the machined metal ones or cold-cast when determining the price. (not sure if the FPH had cold-cast ears)
    Nov 4, 2009, 2:50 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #7

I made the FPH. It did not have cold cast ears. He is referring to a run of Aluminum Ears that we outsourced to fit the FPH. A small run of 20 or 30 were offered right around the time that the FPH was first produced.

-Chris
    Nov 4, 2009, 8:43 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #8

Sorry Chris, I just didn't remember if you had done cold cast ears on the FPH. Thought it might be worth clarifying when seeking a price. I've occasionally heard people refer to cold cast as metal.

Thanks for the clarification, apologies for the confusion.
    Nov 4, 2009, 9:36 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #9

No need to apologize brother. I didn't mean to come off cross if it seemed that way I didn't even realize who you were until this very minute - you changed your name (meaning you did know who made the FPH because you've been around for years)

-Chris
    Nov 5, 2009, 10:04 AM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #10

Thanks Chris...its heart breaking for me to even consider letting this beautiful helmet out of my hands but time as they are and since Eileen and I just bought a house and oh yeah...having to save for a wedding...well you get the picture.

Cheers!
    Nov 6, 2009, 12:19 AM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #11

Decide on a price, yet?
    Nov 15, 2009, 10:42 PM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #12

Hello?
    Nov 16, 2009, 9:48 AM - Re: Help please...FP helmet and extras #13

Quote TK172 said: View Post
    Eileen and I just bought a house and oh yeah...having to save for a wedding...well you get the picture.

Cheers!
    What, what, what???? Wonderfull news Kev!!!!!! I mean about the house/wedding, not selling your stuff!!!

I expect an invitation!!!
    D