Help picking which helmet to useSubscribe
    Oct 5, 2015, 7:00 PM - Help picking which helmet to use #1

I have a Supertrooper build thread going but broke this post out because it is a bit more targeted. I have 2 helmets to pick from . This isn't meant to be about the quality of either helmet but rather which would be the most accurate/best to use in my build since I want it to be as correct as possible. I have a DVH ESB and an AF dentless one here now. I have had the DVH for a while but figured I would go with the AF one since it would save me a lot of filling since I I don't want a dent. The AF one is about an inch narrower ( outside measurements ) at the ears. I am also looking to see which TVisor.com visor would fit each the best. The AF doesn't have a ton of wiggle room on the interior to pick the wrong width.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Oct 9, 2015, 9:20 AM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #2

Personally I'd use whichever is made from fibreglass.
    Oct 9, 2015, 11:34 AM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #3

Would you chose that so it doesn't deform? I am still on the fence and may just cut the visor out of both and quick spray the DVH one white to get a feel for which looks better on my head.
    Oct 9, 2015, 11:54 AM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #4

Yup, the deformation is pretty much it. I had a resin MR cast that deformed from direct sunlight. Luckily I was able to push it back but fibreglass is definitely the superior material in my opinion.
    Oct 9, 2015, 12:55 PM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #5

Did it deform around the mandibles ? I was thinking of reinforcing that area on either of them ( bar epoxied behind). I may just build both since they are here.
    Oct 9, 2015, 1:25 PM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #6

Dome deformed
    Oct 9, 2015, 3:16 PM - Re: Help picking which helmet to use #7

That sucks. The resin one I have is really thick and smooth and was looking forward to using it.