Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 6, 2008, 12:25 PM - Help with the Flat-top #1

Alright, I have a pretty good condition DP 97 thats getting a total overhaul. It's looking pretty good so far, all thats left is to add craft rings to give it the correct flair, bolting in the visor, and painting. The problem tho, is that (as the title suggests) the dome is flatened ontop. Without adding a layer of something and sanding it smoth to make a round dome, how can I reshape the dome?

Thx,
    Sam
    Oct 6, 2008, 12:45 PM - Re: Help with the Flat-top #2

Well... The helmet is properly supposed to be oblate... that is to say flatter on top rather than hemispherical. Unless your DP is really REALLY flat from warping you should be ok. Post a pic! The flare of the mandibles is hot topic for debate, but I tend to agree that there's no real "flare" going on. Mostly camera angles, head position etc. Take a look through the photo ref to compare yours to. The earlier DPs were terrible in my book, but I have a later DP that I'm doing a complete re-work on. I think the sizing is a tad off (smaller) what generally considered "official" But if it fits your melon just fine, that's more important.
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Oct 6, 2008, 1:20 PM - Re: Help with the Flat-top #3

Someone I know put it on a mannequin head and heated up, then pressed it down.
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 6, 2008, 2:03 PM - Re: Help with the Flat-top #4

Cool thx, and yeah I'll try to get a picture up ASAP.

btw, any particular thread about making/where to buy a new RF stalk? I've got the actual RF built (Thank God for WOF) but my DP rf stalk is broken.
    Last edited by ARC3582; Oct 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM.